Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Inshore/tin boaters
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2007 at 09:12 PM
Inshore/tin boaters

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisp...

Check these out at BassPro. I have had great success with these and they are currently at a great price at $3.34. Hooks and other metals are saltwater ready and not the problem that the Jointed Rebels per "Baja Catch" fame can have.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2007 at 07:55 AM

I bought a few of their "shallow runner" in Blue Mac for the kids' rods and for casting into rocks (throw-aways). Actually caught a few Sierra on them near La Ventana last February.

The Rapala x-rap's in blues and oranges seemed to catch the most sierra, though. I was amazed how much they liked the bright orange at mid-morning.

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 5-15-2007 at 09:20 AM

Orange mid morning?white,blue white?scramble eggs?yellow and etc.........I have been fishing for better than a half century and may never understand why the natural colors should not work best most of the time?
Looking for that patteren thats going to work today is half the fun for me,deep,shallow,white or yellow,fast ,slow and so on,most of the time it never makes sence to me,the stuff we troll,and throw around looks like nothing they have seen before?
I know there are various reasons for this but aren,t it fun :biggrin:
BAITCAST
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2007 at 09:39 AM

Ain't it great that fish will hit so many different lures at different times ?
Gives us all the more reason to have more lures in our tackle boxes !! :biggrin:
I love to go lure shopping !! :biggrin:

cbuzzetti
Nomad

Mood: Lookin for a vacation

[*] posted on 5-15-2007 at 11:21 AM

I'm with you on that one, I am a lure junkie.

But I still seem to go back to the same few that have always worked for me.

Cedar plug for off shore trolling.

Krocodiles for inshore casting.

Swim baits for the rest with an occasional Tady thrown in for YT.

But still I keep convincing myself that I need that new lure when I see it.

BajaBuzz
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-15-2007 at 11:31 AM

I think these are the lures that a friend of mine has been buying for a year or two for use in Baja and they last much longer than the Rebel jointed lures. Paint doesnt scratch off as easily and the hooks are better.

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2007 at 06:04 AM

chuzzetti you forgot live bait as the best live lure and yea i agree with all those mentiond. if your a junkie then dont go to a fred hall show or you will come out feeling a 110 pounds heavyer.:coolup:
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 5-16-2007 at 06:40 AM

Still like castmasters and crocadiles and it seem i have the best results with silver , i have a lot of them in lots of sizes, also cut bait, not crazy about spending lots of money on lures thr lose in the rocks
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2007 at 07:40 AM

My wife and I were setting up camp next to a young couple in baja at Pt Escondido. I walked over introducing myself and asked the guy how the fishing was.

Well, he told me, they were hitting blue and white in the morning and then they switched to scrambled eggs in the afternoon.

Well, that's one theory, I said.

What do you mean, he asked. What's your theory?

As you were casting the blue and white a school of yellowtail came by and you hooked one. During the fight the school moved off. You kept casting with the blue and white for some time without success and started switching colors. Another school came by when you had on the scrambled egg pattern and you hooked another YT.

He didn't like my theory.
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 5-16-2007 at 08:12 AM

Glad to see Jimgrms mentioned castmasters and crocodiles, these having been my mainstay for light tackle fishing from the beaches forever. Since I use them the most I seem to catch the most fish with them and therefore they must be the best???? Funny how the lure you use is the one that catches the fish. Anyhow, when anyone finds special pricing on these lures if you would share it with the Nomads (and me) it would be appreciated.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.