Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Loreto Restaurant questions
cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 05:09 PM
Loreto Restaurant

Had lunch yesterday at Mediteraneo. Food was excellent and they have reduced prices from when I had last been there. I talked to the owner and he said they were going to start a Tapas Bar next month for hors de voures for their Happy Hour. I shared the fish of the day and a brisket sandwich with a compadre. Muy bueno!
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 09:19 PM

well, since this topic got bumped back up to the today's post-ings, newbies or oldies not local who are reading through it and making restaurants-to try lists/notes...Sta Lucia is no more. the space has been taken over by Augie's next door so the location is still there to enjoy, along with Augie's food offerings.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 10:05 PM

Santa Lucia lives on at Los Mandiles, next door to Mediterraneo on the malecon.

The bakery didn't make the move, but the chicken enchiladas in mole did, along with many great dishes from the old menu.

The cook at Los Mandiles is the cook who used to be at Santa Lucia-- same geat food.

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2008 at 07:16 AM

Alejandro, senior and junior, with dorado on the beach in front of La Picazon. Through a strange quirk in Mexican law, fish dropped off at La Picazon before return to the marina in Loreto do not count against daily limits.

lpd26.JPG - 48kB
jk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 05:24 PM

Its a year later and another October trip to Loreto. McLulu's is closed, but did she open another restaurant outside of town per another post? Are there other new places we should consider? Is La Pizacon open? It wasn't the day we tried last year. Thanks for the advice!
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 06:18 PM

jk..... La Picazon is still going strong. The restaurant closed a couple of days after tropical storm Julio, and may well suffer another hit in the wake of the storm forecast to arrive Thursday, but barring another they should be up and running in October. And, the Mita Gourmet is now serving breakfast, and has grilled fare after 10:00 p.m.
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 06:19 PM

jk, you may want to give Koko Changs a try. It is a chinese place located at the old Koko Loko which is across the street from the marina. It is quite good and the prices are very affordable.

Cesars for fish tacos is still one of my favorite spots and of course Super Burro is a don't miss for the biggest and best burrito I have ever had.

Del Baracho is another very good spot and is due to re-open in Oct. Not sure of the date.
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 08:44 AM
Mediterraneo

Tried Mediterraneo for lunch about a year ago. Terrible food, high prices (especially for the level of the food), good waiter.

Can I get some more recent comments about this restaurant? We like the location and atmosphere and are looking for a 'new' place to take visitors other than our favorite - Panchamamas. Reluctant to give Mediterraneo another try, yet willing to if there are more positive current comments.

Have been repeatedly to Gig. Dolph, Islas, El Nido, Mita, 1697 (and once to El Taste). All good in their own ways. Have I missed any places similar to these?
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jk
Its a year later and another October trip to Loreto. McLulu's is closed, but did she open another restaurant outside of town per another post?

When I was last a t McLulu's in June, Lourdes told me she was closing in August and going on a long vacation to visit relatives in California. She said when she came back, she was going to serve lunch from her home. I asked her when that might be, she said, "quien sabe."

Anyone have a suggestion for a roadside taco stand in Loreto, similar to McLulu's?
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
Quote:
Originally posted by jk
Its a year later and another October trip to Loreto. McLulu's is closed, but did she open another restaurant outside of town per another post?

When I was last a t McLulu's in June, Lourdes told me she was closing in August and going on a long vacation to visit relatives in California. She said when she came back, she was going to serve lunch from her home. I asked her when that might be, she said, "quien sabe."

Anyone have a suggestion for a roadside taco stand in Loreto, similar to McLulu's?

There's a really good tacos al pastor (sp?) near Super Pan Garcia. Caesar's is good. There are several on Calle Juarez that are good too.

Last few times we walked by El Taste, it was closed. Perhaps they went out of business? Not surprised.

Another nice place is on Salvatierra, close to the Malecon, behind the first gift shop. It's called Biznaga, and is owned by Herzon, the guitar player who used to play at Mita. They closed for the summer but should reopen.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 11:33 AM

Okay, the BEST tacos in Loreto are at El Sinaloense. It is a cart that parked daily for several months across the street from Juarez market, on Calle Juarez. In late spring it moved to Calle Madero, outside El Rodeo and Black and White disco bars, near La Damiana Inn. It is open mid-morning to mid-afternoon, and it is THE BEST.

Also really good is the new place that Don mentioned kitty corner from Super Pan Garcia bakery. It is 3 or 4 blocks north of El Sinaloense. It opens in the evening, around 6 or 7pm.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.