Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Need Fishing Advice for Camalu and San Quintin
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 05:26 PM

Old mill is rockin now because its prime time fishin season. Spent the night there a few weeks ago and at night the crowd of celebrating/partying fishermen were up late and loud telling lies and up early the next morning to hit the water. $65 bucks for a room and a free ice cold welcome Pacifico from the owners (Jim) personal stash! for reservations call: 800 479 7962. I would recomend K&M sportfishing for a boat, talk to Kelly. Go to the resteraunt next door and try the seafood combo with an order of Paprika crab claws for an apetizer...wash down with a few hand made margis, dosnt get much better! We fished with Lee one day, Yak fished the Soccoro are one day and spent a day up in the mts (san Pedro Martir) and checked out the observatory. Kicked it on the porch of the cueva del Pirate(?) hotel each night enjoying the ocean views/breeze and ice cold michelattas to wind down each day...excellent trip!

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 05:32 PM

Hmmmm...Just noticed Im an official 2 star nomad now, guess Ive been promoted from newbie! Ive been lurking this bd for a few years and only jump in occasionally with a comment or two! am I supposed to feel different? Do you get more respect if you have more stars? :lol:

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabum
Hmmmm...Just noticed Im an official 2 star nomad now, guess Ive been promoted from newbie! Ive been lurking this bd for a few years and only jump in occasionally with a comment or two! am I supposed to feel different? Do you get more respect if you have more stars? :lol:

Yes. You officially have no life.:lol::lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 05:47 PM

Too funny....this is where I get my Baja fix if I cant be roaming around down there for real! Super Nomads must really not have a life!!! How many hours/post does it take to get promoted to Super:lol::lol::lol:

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 05:51 PM

This place is only for the people with true "bajafever". These people are SICK bad on it!!!!

God bless baja.

Welcome to the club.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 09:37 PM

Bring a necktie. Fishing with Lee Moreno is a formal occasion. Lee has his own fishing necktie, but you might want to bring an extra one for his collection.

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 08:11 AM

Bajabum,

Thanks for updating the "high season" rates for the Old Mill. Makes sense if there is a lot of fishing business the rates will be higher.

In years past July brought better fishing to SQ, not this year. Glad to hear the fishing action has picked up down there. Would be nice to get into some YFT between San Diego and SQ this year.

Tight lines.

Ken

[Edited on 9-28-2007 by tripledigitken]

flyingtuna.jpg - 30kB
Scwill

[*] posted on 4-22-2015 at 04:10 PM

I know this a really old thread... came across it with a 'shore fishing playa camalu' search. I'm down to SQ a few times a year for a couple days on one of the parkers.

Want to spend a day or more casting from the shore too. Any suggestions.

glad to find this forum!
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2015 at 11:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ElFaro  
Here's what I know about SQ area fishing...
It's divided into 3 general locations:
1. Surf launch (SL) fishing fleet
2. Old Mill (OM) fishing fleet
3. Ceilito Lindo (CL) fishing fleet
The SL group can go directly west and get out to San Martin Isl. and surrounding sea mounts fairly quickly (most direct route).
The OM group has to go about 10 mi. up the bay channel to the main point before they head out to island.
The CL group can launch directly from the sand spit just inside of the main point B4 heading out.

OM and CL have the advantage in that they can make bait at the mouth B4 going out. Not so easy for SL.
If the fish are biting south of SQ (e.g. Playa Tranquillo), OM and CL can go directly there. SL has farther to go unless they trailer the boats over to the Old Mill ramp 1st.
On the return trip OM has to go 10mi. to get back to ramp. CL and SL (if at isl.) can go directly to launch sites in short order.
All cost about $250 - $300 for the day depending on season.
CL boats are older and fair condition. Don't know about SL boats. OM boats best of the three. All carry radios / GPS.

Here's my quesion...Why do Castros Camp boats charge $160/day and SQ boats $250-300/day ? Why the difference ?

I have a theory why but I wanted to hear 1st from others...

I am assuming the SQ $250-300 quote is for a panga to panga comparison? If fishing with Juan Cook or Captain Kelly I would LOVE to pay that!!!!!!!!!!! They run more in the $400.00+ per day range. But with larger boats with better range.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 09:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
Quote: Originally posted by ElFaro  
Here's what I know about SQ area fishing...
It's divided into 3 general locations:
1. Surf launch (SL) fishing fleet
2. Old Mill (OM) fishing fleet
3. Ceilito Lindo (CL) fishing fleet
The SL group can go directly west and get out to San Martin Isl. and surrounding sea mounts fairly quickly (most direct route).
The OM group has to go about 10 mi. up the bay channel to the main point before they head out to island.
The CL group can launch directly from the sand spit just inside of the main point B4 heading out.

OM and CL have the advantage in that they can make bait at the mouth B4 going out. Not so easy for SL.
If the fish are biting south of SQ (e.g. Playa Tranquillo), OM and CL can go directly there. SL has farther to go unless they trailer the boats over to the Old Mill ramp 1st.
On the return trip OM has to go 10mi. to get back to ramp. CL and SL (if at isl.) can go directly to launch sites in short order.
All cost about $250 - $300 for the day depending on season.
CL boats are older and fair condition. Don't know about SL boats. OM boats best of the three. All carry radios / GPS.

Here's my quesion...Why do Castros Camp boats charge $160/day and SQ boats $250-300/day ? Why the difference ?

I have a theory why but I wanted to hear 1st from others...

I am assuming the SQ $250-300 quote is for a panga to panga comparison? If fishing with Juan Cook or Captain Kelly I would LOVE to pay that!!!!!!!!!!! They run more in the $400.00+ per day range. But with larger boats with better range.

It's also a quote from 2007. Fuel and other cost increases the past 8 years would change the prices.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 11:25 PM

Egads!!! Gotta check the thread dates more carefully...talk about a "bump"!!!!!
vagabond
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2015 at 01:21 PM

If you like shore fishing try the shoreline at CL go early morning and pick up a couple baits along the waters edge use ultra lite for the surf perch and cast into the white water

early morning catch 2.JPG - 116kB
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2015 at 11:36 PM

Vaga that is one tasty tasty photo!!!!!!!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.