Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TLD Reels on Sale
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 09:07 AM
TLD Reels on Sale

http://www.islanddiscounttackle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?S...

I've been looking around for another reel and in the process, ran into this site. TLD 25 on sale for $129, spooled !!!!
Awsome deal; they are normally $169 !!

And for you soft and wormy guys; this site sells bulk Kalin's.

http://www.unclejosh.com/kalinlures/modules/cart/navigate.ph...

Anyone else have any secrets to share ?? :biggrin:

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 09:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking to replace my TLD 30II that ended up in Daveys locker. I guess I am going to have to go with an Avet. There is so much talk about them, I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 09:23 AM

I'm curious too. Let us know what you think if you try the Avet vs the TLD.
Pretty pricey though, eh ?

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 11:05 AM

Diver...How do you rig the Scampi and what do you rig it for?Size...color?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 11:46 AM

Good with a medium/light leadhead for flukes.
Also good to jig or tease for grouper or other reef fish.
I like the Mojo leadheads for the scampi's but others will work.
I also use these to dress up a bucktail fluke rig; gotta wake those guys up !
I like glow the most and use mainly 4" or 6".
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 08:18 PM

Avet is in a whole new arena compared to TLD's plastic frame. Not even close. But, the Tld's get the job done on small fish. Avet=cow
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 11-8-2007 at 11:07 AM

Avets are like potato chips.....you can't have just one, if you buy one you will have to have another and another. Don't waste your time with the single speeds......go directly to the two speeds.........JX, LX HX load them up with spectra and topshots. You'll be glad you did...I find the best prices at Squidco and Charkbait..........CJ :cool:
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2007 at 02:13 PM

There is no comparison between an Avet and a TLD. Shimano made a pretty good reel but it is a plastic or graphite material and does ok with a reasonable amount of maintence. For the most part they will hold up to the angler who does not give his reel a workout every day but wants a quality reel to do the job. Avets are machined aluminum and are heavy duty workhorses. Of course they are a little more expensive, they are machined from Solid Aluminum Block in T-6 or better quality and the anodizing is top notch. Shimano did do some upgrades on the attachment of the reel seat as this used to be a weak spot, and the new upgrades look like they will improve the situation, but this Avet is my new favorite reel in my arsenal.
We were out on the reef north of San Marcos Island and the fish were really strong and heavy. Most people were getting only a percentage of the fish hooked but my JX 6/3 which is spooled with spectra and a top shot allowed me to keep all but one fish which managed to get me in the rocks. The reliable two speed really makes a difference in pulling power and strength. Makes me feel good just to own one.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-8-2007 at 03:39 PM

One thing about Shimano, if you ever have a problem, they will either fix it or replace it. Of course that doesn't help after you just lost the trophy of a life time. :lol: I never had that problem with any of my Shimano's though.:rolleyes:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.