Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Heading south!
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 01:17 AM
Heading south!

I'm planning on crossing the border on Dec. 7. Haven't quite got it planned but I'm ultimately headed to B. Asuscion to see Jaun y Shari. Need to come back on the 16th.
I normally go it alone but if anyone wants to go and split the fuel it might be fun.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 03:44 PM

I'm planning on going to the Dicover Baja party Dec.7 in SD. I may jump across Friday evening and stay in TJ and get an Early start Sat. morning.
Probably get as far as SQ on sat and stop by my place to patrol my dirt patch and say hi to my neighbors.
Up kinda early on Sunday and make it to B. Asuncion mid afternoon or so.
Goof aroung for a few days there and check out that San Hipo property Shari was talking about.
Maybe fish with Jaun 1 day if my collarbone is healed enough.
Roll out Wen or Thurs back to SQ. Up early and back to Ensenada. Maybe do a flyby to Bajadoc's to say hi. I need to see my atorney in Ensenada. Stay 1 night in Ensenada and up early and across.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
I'm planning on going to the Dicover Baja party Dec.7 in SD. I may jump across Friday evening and stay in TJ and get an Early start Sat. morning.
Probably get as far as SQ on sat and stop by my place to patrol my dirt patch and say hi to my neighbors.
Up kinda early on Sunday and make it to B. Asuncion mid afternoon or so.
Goof aroung for a few days there and check out that San Hipo property Shari was talking about.
Maybe fish with Jaun 1 day if my collarbone is healed enough.
Roll out Wen or Thurs back to SQ. Up early and back to Ensenada. Maybe do a flyby to Bajadoc's to say hi. I need to see my atorney in Ensenada. Stay 1 night in Ensenada and up early and across.

I thought you were asking for travel partners, ala BigJohn, then you post this it is like some sort of announcement.

Good for you, I guess.:lol:

If you cross at 3:30am you probably will miss all the traffic.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 05:23 PM

Thanks I guess Minnow? I posted it like that to see if anyone was interested in riding along.
It's not a "Big John" type post but an adventurous lady is certainly welcome!
Maybe someone who hasen't been to Baja or is inexperienced would like to ride along with an "old hand" and get a quick lesson on learning the ropes.
I'm going one way or another.
It's a good and cheap way to get a look at northern baja and stick your toes in the sand in southern baja. And to meet some very special people in B. Asuncion.
Just trying to make friends Minnow. That okay with you?

[Edited on 11-27-2007 by fishbuck]

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 11-27-2007 at 08:42 AM

I gave a ride to someone I met on the old board once. I swore to never do it again. Others can probably give their own experiences.:biggrin:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-27-2007 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
I gave a ride to someone I met on the old board once. I swore to never do it again. Others can probably give their own experiences.:biggrin:

Where his initials D.E. ?:lol::?: Just curious... (no need to spell it out Tom, he was a passenger for a week with us and everyone shared the same experience about him...:o:smug::yes: )

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-27-2007 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow

I use to put together share expense airplane trips to Baja. I hope to do it again in the future. It's fun. But a decent plane costs about $110/hour to rent and most good places are 2-5 hours south. East cape even more. I've had some great people and only one who was quite miserable.
But I guess those are the chances you take. It might be some sourpuss or a new friend for life.
No takers so far anyway so I'm probably going alone like usual.
It's quicker traveling solo. And you have more of a tendency to be outgoing and make friends along the way.
No worries!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2007 at 06:56 PM

Hey Fish......

Maybe BigJohn would like to take a ride with you. He's probably still in Anthonys and I'll bet he could use a breather.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-27-2007 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Hey Fish......

Maybe BigJohn would like to take a ride with you. He's probably still in Anthonys and I'll bet he could use a breather.

I'll need to stop by there and see how he's doing.

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 11-28-2007 at 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
But a decent plane costs about $110/hour to rent and most good places are 2-5 hours south.

I can put up with almost anyone for that length of time. Also, in a plane you don't have to talk much because of the noise. In a car the trip tends to be much longer.

No David, it was not DE, but Debra told me all about it.:lol:

The guy I took kept popping up at our campsites, wanting hand outs. Finally some of the guys said,"Look, you brought a bum to camp, either get rid of him or else".:lol::lol:

How was I to explain that I just gave the guy a ride to Sta Rosalia, and he tracked me down to SLC.:?:

sphockey04

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 10:56 AM

Hey Fishbuck,
I was planning on making the crossing tomorrow, December 7th as well. I plan on going all the way to Cabo, but I've never traveled through Baja before and to be honest I'm a bit sketched out about making the border crossing solo. I've got my own wheels, and I'm in San Diego at the moment, would you be keen to make the crossing and part of the drive together? It'd be super reassuring to talk to someone who's been down there before, been hearing all sorts of horror stories and such but I'm so keen to check it out =). Anyways, let me know, could be fun.
bajaretreat
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 11:02 AM

What happened to Fishbuck Security Baja Travel Body Guards? You mean that was just a joke?:(:?::(:no::!:

Never be afraid to do what\'s right especially if the well being of a person or animal is at stake. Society\'s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.