Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: From "udspell" in Cabo Pulmo
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-24-2007 at 11:59 AM
From "udspell" in Cabo Pulmo

This just in from "udspell" in Cabo Pulmo... he left San Diego on Dec 19th.

----------

Doug, A quickie in case anyone needs info.

Ride from SD to CP took 2.5 days. Nothing unusual. The military ck points are great. They are checking all things going north,,,,some ck pts stop southbound. Only two wanted any info. There are about 5 on Mex 1.. Pemex's open and manned....or womaned by very nice people. Saw no accidents this trip. Roads are still a nightmare, but all but a few miles periodically maintained quite well.

Weather has been cool.....70 and lower mostly. Wind has prevented any boats, or my kayak, from hitting the water. We're on our way to Los Frailes for the day. Hope to wet a line from shore. The wind is down, but still an issue, somewhat.

Hope all is great with Michelle and the boys. Have a Merry Christmas

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2007 at 12:19 PM

Doug, hope your pal knows there is no fishing allowed in the Marine Park which begins ~ at Miramar (well before Cabo Pulmo) and ends (going south) just about at the Los Frailes Resort.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-24-2007 at 12:25 PM

One would hope that's why he's making the trek around the bend to Los Frailes.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-25-2007 at 07:00 AM

Doug - please ask him to take a look at los Frailes airstrip and at El Rincon's too, he's very close to both. maybe he has internet and sees this??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-2-2008 at 11:17 PM

Hi Doug, Trip was fine with the exception of having my laptop and backup hard drive stolen by one or more of the nicely behaving Feds at one of the four checkpoints on the way back. Both pieces were in completely different places in the van. I was on the driver's side, my lady on passenger side. We were stupid to not monitor every person, every move, every time. They let me keep my cameras, tho.

After 5 drives to the tip beginning in 1975, spending about 20 months total in Mexico,,,,,,I will not be returning. Things have changed, not for the better, since then. Still trash, dangerous roads, broken autos, more and more "descansos", and now the mainland type of behavior and crime. I'll leave it to you and your folks on a great website. I'm f...............done!

And FYI......EVERYONE knows that there is no fishing in Cabo Pulmo. It is made very clear in numerous ways. I fished there in the olden days when it was not a sanctuary. Most of Frailes is open. Tell the lols that I do appreciate their help. Did not see any landing strip.

Another FYI.....SD, Cabo Pulmo, tip, Todos Santos, La Paz, SD........2300 miles.

kodiak
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 08:43 AM

That road coming from La Ribera to Cabo Pulmo is crazy with the washboard!!!! That is not a road to be traveling down with a truck that has stiff suspension! I think I may have lost a kidney!!:D
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 08:56 AM

Too bad. Baja lost another good one. One at a time. It's like losing hair, one at a time. Pretty soon, you don't have any.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.