Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Posada Don Diego RV park and restaurant
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 01:36 PM
Posada Don Diego RV park and restaurant

This RV Park is in Vicente Guerrero just behind Don Pepe. It is far enough behind Don Pepe that you do not get the traffic noise. Just follow the road beside Don Pepe until you see this sign, probably less than a quarter of a mile.
It is a large RV park....we wound up camping in the tent area because we like to be near the bathrooms. There is definitely a problem with the showers.......there is too much hot water:P
The bathrooms are spotless and well lit.
I am not an expert on RV parks but this seems like a nice one with wide lanes between the sites and power and water. They also have a dump station.
The best part of this park is the restaurant. We have tried many dishes but the local game is the best. We had rabbit and quail and both were excellent. Great salads and soups(all homemade)
This is a family run business. They have WIFI and a computer that you can rent.
So next time you are looking either for a place to park your rig or an excellent meal stop by and tell Eddy, Jose or whoever is working the desk that the book/map people sent you. You will not be disappointed, I am sure!

[Edited on 3-17-2008 by bajajudy]

dondiego.jpg - 37kB

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 02:46 PM

So this is near the hhighway ?
How's the noise at night ?
Is the park walled ? Security ?
Place to walk the dogs ?

Thanks for the tip !!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 03:22 PM

It is far enough from the highway that you can only hear an occasional jake break. I thought that it was pretty quiet. After spending a night a palapa 209 in Constitucion, it seemed downright tranquilo. You cannot see the highway.
No wall
Great for walking the dogs.
It is really just a big open field with pads. As I said we stayed in the tent area because there were trees, for one thing

Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 04:18 PM

So, what is the cost?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 04:38 PM

That's great news Judy!

I camped there a couple of times back in the early 1980's when Tom and Shirley Miller of the Mexico West Travel Club (and The Baja Book & more authors) had thier camping parties (clam digging, surf fishing)... It was a well run park then with the restaurant... so it is great to hear it remains a well run ship!

Those not familiar with Colonia V. Guerrero (between Camalu and San Quintin)... Don Pepe RV Park is next to the Highway and Posada Don Diego is a good half mile west of it... The access road is (was) just before (north of) the large propane facility on the hill, south of town... Seems to me there was a new retaurant near Don Pepe called 'Viva Baja'???:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 05:40 PM

In the early 80s we camped there quite often. They had the best Margaritas there.
Mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 06:16 PM

Does anyone know hows the surf fishing tere, and what is to be caught? I have been looking for a place to take some friends who like to catch surf perch. I do not surf fish for
perch much but I understand that the the pacific side of baja
has plentyu of perch. Is this one of those spots? I was thinking of having them do one day of surf fishing and another at either Castros, Santo Tomas or Camalu for
skiff fishing
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 07:54 PM

I believe don Diego's was $150 pesos for an RV spot when we were there last month. A complimentary margarita was included for each of us too, and they are quite good. I couldn't tell you what we had for dinner, but it was good stuff.

Very nice owners too.

It's not the most scenic location, but it's quiet and a convienent place to pull in for the night. It's not walled, and although there's not alot of traffic on the road, the RV spots are sort of out there next to the dirt road and it might feel a little "exposed" to some people. The only traffic we saw though were people going to the restaurant. We've stayed there quite a bit and never had a problem.

It's a frequent stop over for RV caravans and the campground can nearly fill up so you might need to have a back-up plan in the winter.

Sorry vaca, I've heard the surf from the campground before and know it's close to the beach but we've never gone exploring and I don't know about the fishing.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.