Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: In La Paz and having fun
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 10:33 AM
In La Paz and having fun

Dinner tonight at Jesses with some local Nomads.........Trip report when I get home...........keyboards too small for my fingers

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 11:16 AM

Great news, continue having fun and return safely.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 08:37 AM

This will be a mini-trip report beginning with my meeting Bernie in front of Hotel La Perla & taking him on a short sightseeing drive out to the beautiful white sandy cove of Balandra. He was appropriately bedazzled by the natural beauty of the cove for a few moments....until a car pulled up next to us & a lovely young Mexican chiquita leaped out of the drivers door & immediately began showing her joy in life dancing to the music of the song on her radio. Lest Bernie forget, she was dressed in a white t-top, green bikini bottom with a yellow sarong tied low on her hip. I wonder which memory will first come to mind when Bernie next hears a reference to Balandra; the natural beauty of the terrain or the natural beauty & spontaneity of the lovely young girl? Hopefully he'll retain the image of her beautiful surroundings in his minds' eye, too!:yes:

From Balandra, we made the short drive out to Tecolote where the waves hitting the beach were the roughest I've ever seen in that area as we walked a short way on the beach. This was the first trip I've made to Tecolote without seeing one pelican; possibly because of the rough waves.

As we headed back into town for dinner, bajalera responded to the messages I'd left for her & we picked her up to join us for dinner at Tres Virgens. Pleasant company, great food & hopefully, no one witnessed Bernie's leaving the ladies room!:lol: Jesse joined us after we'd eaten & he & Bernie reminisced! We left Jesses' excellent company to join the throng of cars & people on the Malecon.

Hopefully Bernie acquired some pleasant mental imagery which will be brought to mind whenever anyone makes reference to places which were formerly merely names on a map!

This evening, he'll be able to put faces and voices to several people who have merely been online Nomad names, at the "Flan Gathering" at BMG & lili(etc)'s!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 08:43 AM

Thanks for the report longlegs... Bernie is getting the royal treatment thanks to you all in La Paz!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 02:16 PM
Bernie, Bring home some of those flan recipes for me

especially the ones with chocolate and chili. Don't forget to tell Jessie I said Hi Wish I was there with all of you Glad everyone is having fun,k:yes:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
lingililingili
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2008 at 10:31 AM

It was so great to meet you last night Bernie! Thank you, again, for the wonderful gifts. We shall treasure them always.

•Life is just one damned thing after another
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2008 at 08:09 PM

No longer in La Paz....not sure about the having fun part!:lol: Bernie called this AM while waiting for his flight at SJD airport to say thanks & good-bye. He should be home by now.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-14-2008 at 11:32 PM
Lovely long legs

That beautiful vixen that you referred to will forever be etched my mind as will so many of the wonderful meetings with Nomads in the city of Peace.

Would that I could be so free in my appreciation of this wonderful place as she announced with her wonderful dance………..sadly her male friend frowned and said something that stopped her fantastic dance that reminded me of the dance of the Seven veil’s.

No! as I told Longlegs (and they are) I never even noticed the dance nor the lady…………..just the fantastic blue waters of the lagoon…Absolutely amazing!!!!

You were very gracious when you neglected to say that I ran from the small waves as you bounced over them with feet as you were born with. I guess you didn’t mention it because I copped out that I only brought one pair of shoes and could not allow them to be ruined

Okay, not a trip report yet…sleeping this night and then my fingers will dance.

[Edited on 4-15-2008 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 4-15-2008 at 12:14 AM

On who :?:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2008 at 06:18 AM

Bernie,

I can tell by your short post above that your Baja spirit has been rejuvenated.
Looking forward to more tales of your trip !!
And more trips for your tales !!

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-15-2008 at 12:01 PM
Diver

Really liked your last line and I am sure that the trips will happen as often as I 'need'..............oh! Heck! as I 'want'....Good thoughts.

Gathering my thoughts and my notes and when I have paid the bills that stacked up...........then I can play and try to re-live a wonderful trip...........So many new friends and I live for old and new friends..........that is, for sure, what makes the world go around for me.

Diver I just re-read you comments and they are all so true!

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 4-16-2008 at 09:22 AM

Bernie,
So glad to read about your experience in La Paz being such a positive one. Gives me hope that you will again return to us in the South, for sure, the sooner the better as far as I am concerned.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2008 at 09:13 PM

Amen to that.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-16-2008 at 09:14 PM
Thank you Lee

We should have danced--but then all of the kids would have felt bad!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.