BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege/Loreto Dorado
naknekm

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 02:50 PM
Mulege/Loreto Dorado

I am wondering if anyone has seen any recent signs of Dorado, Sails or Marlin in the Mulege area.

I am planning to pull my boat down there if there is a good run of Dorado in late June. If not, I will head to PV or Barra de Navidad.

So, if anyone has a crystal ball, an in with the fish gods....or even some scientific mumble jumble, it would be appreciated.

Naknek
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 02:58 PM

The fish are there! :) You've just got to be able to navigate your way thru the gill nets.:lol: No mumbo jumbo.:no:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 04:21 PM

reports of dorado here in mulege 17 miles out...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 05:05 PM

Went out a week ago, we caught them between 20 and 30 miles out of Mulege. The water has cooled a bit since then, but expect it to warm over next few days.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 06:44 PM

They were showing up near Loreto, nice weed paddies too, but we had two days of nasty west wind. Air and water temps dropped. I don't know what's up the last couple of days; I'll see what comes in tomorrow afternoon. More wind is coming, but I may get out Thursday?

Still early anyway for dorado.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 09:52 PM

How did the Dorado tournament go in Mulege this year? Didn't it just take place a few days ago?
Bob H
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-28-2008 at 05:49 AM

the "DORADO TOURNAMENT" is MAY 30 & 31st

the anglers meeting is May 29th and
the banquet is on June 1st at
Bart's Jungle (OLD Jungle Jims)

Entry tickets are available NOW at
the "La Tienda" store downtown near the “Auga 2000” store

http://www.mulegefishingtournaments.com/

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
pargo
Nomad

Mood: Baja Nomas

[*] posted on 5-28-2008 at 11:21 AM

Ask Skeet
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2008 at 02:55 PM

If you want up to date reports, try http://www.mexfish.com
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 07:50 AM

My two cents and twenty pesos - dorado was showing nicely in Cabo waters two weeks ago, then those pesky winds from the north blew in and moved everything.. been slim pickin's since .. yesterday we had several good size bulls boated by our team. Hoping that will remain constant for a bit ..

Hello Pescador - just a comment: Gene's site is one of the most comprehensive summaries of reports and an excellent source of data - but - the published reports are not always up to date unless you consider 10days +/- to be current .. There is an 11am deadline on Thursday the week before publishing release on Monday .. some of the 'commercial' reports reflect results from as much as ten days prior to that ... We used to be the only 'commercial' report that provided data for the seven day period up to and including Saturday results for his Monday release, but, have since been given the 11am Thursday deadline. Since conditions and results can, and do, change fairly rapidly, its just another part of the equation to consider when planning. This is why we began to publish our Daily Fish/Catch Report.

Hoping for fresh fish meals enjoyed by all fisherfolk everywhere ... Lori
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 08:26 AM

CaboMagic - I imagine there have been instances when the reports were old but just from personal experience of the couple of times my catches have been reported, they did occur as listed in the week they were reporting.

In Memory of E-57
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 08:51 AM

Tommy and Lori (Cabo magic) You are absolutely right about the delay. I do my report every Wed night so that is current but it does not make the web site until Sunday evening. I used to prefer doing the report and sending it in on Saturday, but I'll bet Gene got tired of staying up every Sat. night and editing all the reports for inclusion by Sunday.
The www.bloodydecks.com site is more up to date, but subject to individual embellishment of how good the fishing really is.
But generally, the trends of what fish are in an area is helpful and then they can talk to locals when they get to that area. Shoot, if I ever go to Cabo again, I for sure will come to your office to see what is going on.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
the "DORADO TOURNAMENT" is MAY 30 & 31st

...and the vagabundos del mar have their dorado turney Julu 2-4 with registration on July 1:bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.