Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Hipolito road trip...house shopping
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 10:45 AM
San Hipolito road trip...house shopping

It was one of those legendary road trips..quick and dirty and way too much fun...all our faces ache from laughing so much.
Jetboy arrived a couple days ago and was happy to have his first Nomad encounter....he was an excellent co-pilot for birddog.

It was his first time to this part of the coast and loved it...good surf at the lighthouse near san hipolito.

Upoon arrival, we checked out a neat house for sale there 3 bedroom brick house and workshop/garage, kitchen, bathroom, great view, 1,800 sq.meter lot with power and water for $35,000) U2U me for details

We had a spectacular tecate day at Bimbo & tita's place swimming, boogie boarding, watching my nephew Noe and his buddy surf in front of the house and of course dining on Tita's famous fish tacos.

Denny was a hit at the party when he demonstrated his duck calls...no that is NOT a pipe he's smoking!

It was a terrific day...poor Juan had to stay home to install some rod holders on the panga! The road was nasty washboard all the way but was easier to take with the tecates flowing and loud Santana. Jettboy had a great nomad initiation.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 10:52 AM

Beam me to that nasty washboard right now!

Hope you gave Bimbo and Tita our regards, we were so bummed to have missed them while passing thru.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 10:52 AM

Stop having fun, Stop it this minute!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2-tie-dye-4
Nomad

Mood: jonesin' for Baja

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 12:34 AM
Baja trip

This was my third or fourth Baja trip and by far the most fun. I was fortunate enough to go to San Hipolito, does that mean Saint little hippie? THAT was nothing but wonderful, and it really was duck calls. Oh, and watch out Birddog, Rodorado knows where you live and he's gonna kick......... We had no problems in Baja, Norte or Sur, as usual. We had some brain farts, but that was due to being a couple of aging hippies that don't want to remember so much. Our destination was Bahia Asuncion, due to much research, and Shari's details. All via the net. So, our destination was Shari and Juan's place. After some problems, all of my own hand, we arrived a day late but still in plenty of time. Shari gives the best destructions of anyone I've ever met. Just do what she says and you will be fine...she knows of what she speaks, and say "yes Mom" every now and then. Ha Ha, I quoted Birddog. When we first laid eyes on the village, we were intrigued. When we met Shari we were "hook, line, and sinker". Juan was resting, but I saw his feet. Their dogs are even cool people. They smoke and drink too much, but cool people. (the dogs) Our Casita had a bedroom, bathroom, huge, fully stocked and then some, kitchen and a living room. And... A DOG!!!! If there was anything one needs in the house and doesn't have, just ask Shari or Juan. We never had the need, it was all there.
Our 4 day stay turned into 10.
On the way home, we took about 5 days to get Stateside, we had more good experiences. El Rosario has always treated us well, but Shari gave us a suggestion for a motel and it was the coolest place for the least amount of money. The name escapes me at the moment (aging hippie thing, again) . Also, I had a little accident on my trip and broke some ribs and stuff, so I visited 3 different hospitals in as many towns. Most of the little towns don't have squat to work with except desire to help. In El Rosario, there is a young Doctor named Dr. Christian Rivera. He's from Peurto Rico and went to Med school in the States. He had finished his internship in Mexico (his choice) and now chooses to stay. He's trying to get an ambulance, exray, etc. So, if anyone has the means of getting any kind of medical supplies to him, please do so. They mostly get expired medicine that a bigger town doesn't need anymore. He showed up at 8 am to see me, via a cell phone number on the door, and after seeing me he didn't want any payment. We had to make a donation to him to show our gratitude. He did the best he could with what he had to work with. He sent us to San Quintin, we were headed there anyway. There I got exray, but one must be careful if you are travelling on 15, Sept. You WILL be in a parade, at least two. Learn the parade wave, elbow elbow, wrist wrist.....and the doctor WiLL be toasty and they may not be able to read an exray, but they CARE. In case anyone reading this doesn't already know, the meds are not taken orally....injection. So my boyfriend got to play pin the tail on the donkey. We found a little town just about 150 miles S. of the Cali border called Erindira. It's a cool little fishing village. You can see California all around on the hills, they even call it Malibu. But down by the see it's kinda like the village in Asuncion. The beach is cliffs, so no access unless you go a long, long, way to launch or leisure. Thus, it still has it's small village magic. Coyote Cal's is there....way cool for a hostel, totally not cool by the vibes. We didn't stay there, just visited. But, that is where the boat launch is. Duh. We were planning on crossing the border the next day so I didn't want to be carrying my meds. Ya, ya, I have a mexican scrip, exrays and everything else to go with it...but US customs??? Syringes??? They're mean, mostly. So, I found a clinic in the last fishing village we could find in Baja and gave them all my meds. They were so happy once they saw it was new, unopened and better stuff than they usually come by. They worried about what I would do now, and I reassured them I can control my pain with I buprofen and Tequilla and the border will just throw it away anyway. And that's all I got to say about that.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 12:58 AM

Great Report!!!

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:43 AM

Great report 2-tie, thanks. Shari and Juan really are the greatest!!

So, did you buy the house in San Hip?...dt
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Great report 2-tie, thanks. Shari and Juan really are the greatest!!

So, did you buy the house in San Hip?...dt

As I was reading the report, I thought the same question. Did anyone buy a house?

P.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
2-tie-dye-4
Nomad

Mood: jonesin' for Baja

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:57 AM

Hi dt,
no, we didn't buy anything yet. Still have a lot to see. So far, I like Bahia Asuncion best, but the blowing dust is a problem for us allergy sufferers. I liked the lot Shari showed us in Asuncion, great views and it comes with a palm tree.
dao45
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 12:04 AM

WAY cool She did the report so I dont have too.Also she mostly told the truth LOL.Sheri you be sure and tell bird dog I,m still gonna kick his ***.I.m retired now so might find the time to go to Iowa to do it.But I'll wait till pheasant season heeheehee
I DO LIKE BAHIA ASCUCION
Is too much fun like having too much money?? No such thing (smile)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.