Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tequila's In La Paz
cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 03:50 PM
Tequila's In La Paz

One of the best meals I've had in Mexico. A bar tucked just around the corner from the Malecon, Tequila's food is incredible! I had the garlic shrimp with fresh steamed veggies and a salad. Great music as well and I hear live bands on weekend are not to miss. I was VERY surprised and recommend this place highly!
lingililingili
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 09:15 AM

We shall have to try it, thanks for the heads up! We walk past it all the time! You didn't happen to have a margarita?

•Life is just one damned thing after another
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 09:41 AM

Is this that old wooden structure that looks like a really cool bar? This place I am thinking of is on the same street and the El Arco cabanas.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 09:49 AM

Judy,
I can't place it either.
Malecon is a long boulevard with lots of intersections.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 10:16 AM

Judy

You have it close.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 10:22 AM

Tequilas is behind the skate park and up a block, one street back from the malecon. Yeah it has a wood facade, its on the corner, inside there is a pool table and nice interior with a palapa roof that keeps things cool.

The service is great, the food varies, at times pretty good and others horrific. Tell the staff what you think, give em feedback, they want to do well but they seem to screw up the cooking too often? The fish and veggies seems frozen, poorly thawed and cooked in too much oil and too low of temperature it comes out without flavor and mushy. Who knows?

If you try it, call the manager over, let the staff clearly know what you think it will help them to understand what you like and don't like. It would be sad to see this place go out of business but its lost tons of traffic due to inconsistent food. Used to be great.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 10:35 AM
Haven't tried it yet.

Tequilas.jpg - 48kB

I think the world is run by C- students.
cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Tequilas is behind the skate park and up a block, one street back from the malecon. Yeah it has a wood facade, its on the corner, inside there is a pool table and nice interior with a palapa roof that keeps things cool.

The service is great, the food varies, at times pretty good and others horrific. Tell the staff what you think, give em feedback, they want to do well but they seem to screw up the cooking too often? The fish and veggies seems frozen, poorly thawed and cooked in too much oil and too low of temperature it comes out without flavor and mushy. Who knows?

If you try it, call the manager over, let the staff clearly know what you think it will help them to understand what you like and don't like. It would be sad to see this place go out of business but its lost tons of traffic due to inconsistent food. Used to be great.
cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 11:05 AM

Wow! I must have caught it on a good day because the veggies were good and as I said the shrimp was excellent. Seems to always be the problem in Mexico is consistency. I don't know if they have a new owner or not, but I really enjoyed.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 11:55 AM

Awesome, I like the interior design of tequilas, on fridays and saturdays it can be a mixed crowd which is cool-very friendly. Margaritas are quite good there us$6-8 bucks but I think there is a happy hour. Excellent bar and service from la Claudia y Estrella, call the drink, if its tequila and make it 100% agave with only controy and nothing but fresh limes and ice and salt on the rim course. Watch out for pool sharks ;-) --some of the best in the world.

Across the street, facing the entrance of Tequilas is a bar which open air and simple, beer and tequila, abogados, open sometimes, go there... and next door to the right of tequilas if you are facing it is another fern bar type of restaurant, it has very good feeling and acceptable food too but in the us$12-25 price range like tequilas. After those three spots head over to Salsipuedes on the malecon--they also serve food--often for free with drinks, the enchiladas are good us$5-6--they have a very simple food menu with dishes in low price range, the margaritas are perfect as is every drink el Marco. Happy hour is half price til 9pm? The crowd is uber cool, they have tons of events, free internet access, you can hang out lf you want, dance, party, watch movies, go to seminars, and have scientific discussions since almost every person there is practically a biologist! TGIF
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 03:35 PM

Quote:

This has been my experience at far too many restaurants in La Paz and Todos Santos ..... quality varies wildly from visit to visit .... and the service usually sucks.

These are management issues .... consistancy and service .

Seems like the chefs (now that's usually a joke title) move arouond a lot .... at least that is the standard excuse.

CaboRon

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 07:08 PM

They serve food?? I've been there lots of times. I guess I never got past the tequila :lol:

In Memory of E-57
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
The crowd is uber cool, they have tons of events, free internet access, you can hang out lf you want, dance, party, watch movies, go to seminars, and have scientific discussions since almost every person there is practically a biologist! TGIF

That's the last kind of "ologist" I would expect to find in a La Paz bar !! :?:
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 08:33 PM

Stickers, Jajajaja, y aqui tiene uno otro chiste ya

heres a biology joke

One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the orang-utang was reading two books -- the Bible and Darwin's Origin of Species. In surprise he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books"?

"Well," said the orang-utang, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother.

[Edited on 9-17-2008 by gnukid]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 06:53 AM

now that's funny right there, i don't care who you are.:lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.