BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where can we get fishing licenses for Baja?
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 05:04 PM
Where can we get fishing licenses for Baja?

Hope you can help me. We are trying to get a yearly fishing license to cover us and are flying into Loreto. Does anyone know where we can buy a license in Loreto. We will need pretty detailed description of where to go.

We won't be fishing in Loreto but in Bahia with Shari and Juan. If there is a place that we can get on line before we would appreciate it. We are in Canada so any mail service from the US or Mexico is brutally slow.

Thanks
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 05:54 PM

Hi, This is your renter from last January. We get our from Vagabundos which, unfortunately, is near Sacramento so it will be ssssslllllloooowww.
We are heading back to Bahia Asuncion in November and we will now be your neighbours. Hope to see you in December.
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 06:30 PM

Thanks, that sounds good, I guess not on line at all. Thats great to have new neighbours for sure and we look forward to meeting you. We will be coming in mid December until about January 10.
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 06:35 PM

Vagabundos is online. We are members and buy our insurance, FMTs and licenses from them. If you call them you can have them send it to you.
It is going to be so much fun this winter with all the new gringos in town. I sure hope the community can handle all the new faces.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 06:45 PM

Tim-

Call Squidco in San Diego and see if they can send your licenses to me. I'll take them down with me at the end of the month. Otherwise, I can always pick them up for you. Let me know.

Squidco Fishing
3518 Barnett Ave
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 222-8955

Zac

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 06:48 PM

I bought a license in Loreto once by the marina. Should still be able to. Also you can buy them at the tourist info offices but must have exact change.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 07:03 PM

You can also get them directly from Conapesca in SD.

http://www.conapescasandiego.org/contenido.cfm?cont=LICENSE_...
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 06:49 AM

Hey mike

While in San Diego....give Zac a call...he'll help ya

Zac....I'm Tim...Tiomiguel is Mike

I think
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 08:47 AM

Thanks to all, Zak, I called Squidco and paid for 3 year long fish licenses with visa, one for Jane, myself and my son Ben. For now I told them that you would pick up for me but if you want, I can call and give them your address and have them mailed to you. If you could drop them off to Shari for us that would be great. Thanks you very much.

By the way are you going to be down for Christmas as well as in November.
I am hoping for you and Diver as well to be able to make it for our Mexican American Canadian Christmas and New Years.

Cheers
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 08:56 AM

Hey Mike-

No problem, I'll run by Squidco today or tomorrow. Between the running around I'm doing for you and Tim, I can expect a fridge full of beer.

I doubt that we'll be in Asuncion for Christmas. Our plans for now are to be there from 10/27 until about 11/18 or so. I might sneak down around New Years but that is iffy.

Zac

Timo1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 09:15 AM

fridge full of beer ????....Count on it bud !!!!
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 11:53 AM

Thanks Loads Zac, sorry if we miss you guys, am looking forward to seeing the bambino in person. You know our bar is always open and now with the upper floor done, the view is pretty darn good from upper deck bar.
Best to all of you.

Timo, you coming down at Christmas, I can use another fishing lesson for sure, oops maybe I should address that to Barbareno, the Fish Queen.
Cheers
Timo1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 12:41 PM

We'll be there for sure !!!
Can't wait to hook up with you and Jane again
My 50th on Dec. 24
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 07:46 PM

does squidco sell a daily license? and do you have to call the day, weeks in advance that you are going to fish or does the capitan take the license and fill it out somehow to make it official that you actually used it one particular day?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.