Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: boat trip, pesos and the free road
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2008 at 12:52 PM
boat trip, pesos and the free road

just got back from a quick 5 day trip.

we took the free road from tijuana to rosarito to check the status of the construction. a few miles down the road there were 3 motorcycle cops parked on the right. we were pulled over 2 miles later. he said i "didn't respect the line" and it was dangerous. he started writing on his ticket pad and asked if i had time to go to the station. i told him i did have time. he asked what i would pay him for the ticket and i asked what i would be paying once i arrived at the station. seemed clear to me that he was asking for a bribe. he walked back to his bike, came back and said that he would just give me a warning. i asked twice for a copy of the ticket that he wrote and he wouldn't give me one.

what are the chances that he turns this ticket in and it remains unpaid by me since he said it was just a warning? could this be trouble for me later? are they computerized at all? what type of ticket can be payed by mail? is that a ticket by city police or just the federal police?

there is one area where the southbound lanes are torn up so one of the northbound lanes becomes a southbound lane. there were a few cones at the beginning and the end, but most of the way there was nothing marking that line. it was scary when no cars were in front of us.

went for a 2 hour boat ride to check out the punta brava project. what a shame that will be when/if it is built. that area is so beautiful as it is. lots of birds and sea lions. the water was calm and clear and felt warm over the side of the boat.

the 3 vehicle caravan of armed guys in black (mentioned in an earlier post) drove through camp very slowly and caused a small traffic jam as we all stopped to look. this was on wednesday, 22 october.

got some pesos at the bancomer atm in maneadero on thursday at 13.125.

we took the toll road to tijuana, the sentri line was too long so we went to otay to find the sentri line there. we had good directions from bajaguy from the blvd 2000, but we didn't take the blvd. big mistake. what a CRAZY ADVENTURE that was. we were LOST. there are some maniac drivers in that town. had less than a 10 minute wait once we got in line at about 4pm thursday.

sbwontoo
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-24-2008 at 02:22 PM

always go to the station. you just exacerbate the problem by paying the puke. now you have to worry about if they are gonna throw you in jail if, and when, they ever pull you over again. don't worry about it. it won't change nothing anyway!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.