Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: The Americanization of Mexico/La Baja
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 09:04 AM

Terry2b'

I just stated the Facts about those things that I observed while on a trip and then had an Opinion as to the Cause of that sad State of Affairs.

My Eyes are BLUE.

You can easily see that most Liberals are Weak Minded', They are unable to solve Problems, can only talk about them,
Then you watch them spending most of their time oan a Machine of some sort, No wonder they do not understand what is going on around them.

Most can only respond with a "DUH".

Look at the recent scores of School Test> That is a direct result of you Youngsters watch too much CNN.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
I am with you Bronco. I can't find any liberals on the radio either. Very sad.

In England, every fourth restaurant is a pizza parlour or Italian restaurant. I had to look really hard to find the classic "fish and chips" we thought they ate everywhere. Found only one place in Scottland, Edinburgh.

[Edited on 8-19-2009 by MitchMan]

Hi MitchMan,

I can show you where to find many liberals on the radio...conservatives too...if you want them. ;)

We travel quite a bit, and love to listen to many different news sources...(became news junkies)..so we most often listen to Sirus and XM radio.

For liberal-sided news try Ch. 167 on XM Radio.
(For conservative-sided news - Ch. 166 on XM Radio.)
XM also offers CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, BBC..all of which are better liberal choices...and of course, FOX NEWS would be considered more conservative.

I am sure you will find many liberal choices on that dial to pick from...good luck and good listening.

As an aside, I happen to know one of the liberal 'talking heads'... Ed Schultz of "The Ed Show" on MSNBC. He's from my home area, where he was originally a sports announcer and had a call-in general topic radio program. He has changed a bit from that venue these days. Very liberal and an unique character...an 'extreme lefty' as he says and a good speaking voice. Unfortunately, his MSNBC tv show ratings are dropping so don't know how much longer he will be on the air, but if you want a more liberal stance on the news try to catch him if you can.

Anecdote: He hunted at my ND goose/duck place some time ago. Flew his small plane there and busted a running light on my motorhome with his wingtip as he taxied into a parking spot. He always says...'Yeah, I'm a shotgun-toting/fishing fiend leftie for sure.'

I get a lot of enjoyment from tuning into the big redhead..a familiar voice from the past in faraway places. As to his political point of view..well, let's just say I enjoy listening to him for the entertainment value he provides on a long drive. His blood pressure shows in his animated face, too!

Anyway, MitchMan there are lots of choices out there for you. Seek and ye shall find.

...and..all is not changed in Europe...while in Manchester, England visiting a family member, I went walking daily along the marina there and found a half-dozen fish 'n chips vendors..the old-style with newspaper cones for the greasy fried goodies.

[Edited on 8-21-2009 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 05:06 PM
Uh ?

"..............the fact that more than half of Mexican women between the ages of 18 and 49 are now overweight..........."

AND, this is SUPPOSED to be a CHANGE from WHEN ? From McFries ?

Hah !
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 05:09 PM

Very cool post, Pompano. Thanks for the great references to liberal stations. Much appreciated. Next time in England, I am going to make a B line to Manchester.

I do watch the Ed Show and religiously watch Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann. I also watch, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Fox News as well as CNN, MSNBC and the others. I catch mostly right wing shows because I like to keep my eye on the opposition and because it's entertaining and amusing to observe rank racism, uncontrolled selfishness and averice, jingoism and uncontrolled chauvinism perpetuated by intellectual dishonesty and an inability to comprehend complexity so outwardly expressed.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 05:48 PM

The answer to your question, David K, is no.

However, your second paragraph gives me some hope and may reveal that your heart is in the right place. Could you actually be egalitarian in nature? Most of my friends (for all of my life) have been right wing, conservative and religious Christian fundamentalists. Most of them probably share your points of view. In order to be my friend, their hearts had to be in the right place, not like many other right wingers whose hearts are definitely in the wrong place.

The frequent error that many of my friends make is in their inability to view facts and circumstances in the proper depth, but instead make surface conclusions based on an adversary sentiment. Their hearts are in the right place, and that makes the error of their ways forgiveable, but the error lies in insufficient deliberation and an adversary mentality. Their lack of a basic understanding of economics doesn't help either.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
I catch mostly right wing shows because I like to keep my eye on the opposition and because it's entertaining and amusing to observe rank racism, uncontrolled selfishness and averice, jingoism and uncontrolled chauvinism perpetuated by intellectual dishonesty and an inability to comprehend complexity so outwardly expressed.

Wonderful.....isn't it.

LOU DOBBS FOR PRESIDENT. The fence depends on your vote.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2009 at 09:13 PM
RANK Racism ?

Don't get your Knickers in a twist.

Heck, I seen plenty of Dem Der Colored Officers.

What about that Colon Guy ?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 06:33 AM

Mitchman"
Do you mean all the Left Wing Proffessors at the Universitys?

Do you mean all the DRUGGIES?
Do you mean Al Gore?
Do you mean Bill"Zipper" Clinton?

Just look at all the Liberals and how they dress, their Tatoos, their Rings of Metal.!

Look at their actions with clothes hanging on their Butt, cell Phone hanging out their Ears!

All the GreenPeckers and Sierra Club ****s trying to get you to send them Money for Glueable Warning!

No Mitchman you have it wrong with all of you "Funny' Words, The right ones have :
The Morals, The Money, The heart to Fight.

You need to go back to school or get out of your Box.

Skeet/Loreto
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Sierra Club ****s
Skeet/Loreto

Sierra club ****s???
Where do I meet them?
I love hippie chicks.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 12:08 PM
Mexican food

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
You need to take most of this crap off-topic. As for the Mexicanization of America :yes:, There have been many posts about the food. Sadly, as there has been a widespread poverty in Mexico for decades, there arose a survival diet of tortillas, rice and beans, complimented with what little other protein that was available. Think of the main ingredient of menudo, for example. Many peasant dishes seek to use leftovers of the protein. Way too much of what our friends in the United States, think of as "Mexican Food", is really, survival food. Loaded with carbs and fat, and cheap. The much smaller ruling class in Mexico, enjoy many items devoid of beans and lard. Yes. There are a zillion great Mexican dishes consisting of fresh seafood, prime meats, fresh vegetables and gourmet spices. Unfortunately, for way too many gringos, Mexican food is synonymous with refried beans, cheese and lard.

My wife's family moved to Tijuna in the 1920's from Sonora. In the family there were many "cook's or chiefs".

My wife's aunt created a cook book back in the 1960's from their recipies and then published in 1977.

Found her take on the subject interesting..

http://web.me.com/wswesson/Mexican_Food/Comida_Mexican_1.htm...

If you want the whole cook book, it is there to down load, it's a big file and will take a while..

Enjoy, some are my favorites, when it comes to "Mexican Food"

http://www.recipezaar.com/Chorizo-Potatoes-and-Eggs-242777

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 04:03 PM
Were there any Indians ?

Or, were they all Chiefs ?

"My wife's family moved to Tijuna in the 1920's from Sonora. In the family there were many "cook's or chiefs".
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 04:21 PM

My point is that Sonoran food all too often consists of that of which I complain. Hey. I love a nasty plate of refried beans cooked in lard. Beef, beef and more beef. I love so many of the items that are considered tradicional. But the point I was trying to make is that a steady diet of that stuff is not healthful. There is way too often not vegetables. Sonoran food is certainly seductive with its flavors and heartiness, but geez, how about some grilled fish and some vegetables occasionally?

And on another topic that somehow found its way into this thread, I have to agree with Mitch with the idea that one should not just be a member of the choir, but check out what others are saying.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Sonoran food

I've read that beans, rice and corn together constitute complete protein. Man can survive and flourish [ever seen a Mexican flourish?] on this diet.
Just thought you'd really like to know this.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 04:51 PM
Indians

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Or, were they all Chiefs ?

"My wife's family moved to Tijuna in the 1920's from Sonora. In the family there were many "cook's or chiefs".

Thanks for the correction... don't know what I would do with out someone correcting my gramer and/or spelling...

To point, they were native peoples of the region and were quite good at getting by creating good food ... a trait I find admirable. As to being Chiefs or Chef's they claim both for your record.

Next time I will use spell check and thesaurus to keep all in their seats with their hands down, it was offered in the spirt of friendship and for information on Mexican food and it was given fee.

Again thanks for the valuable input about the history of Mexican food and the correct spelling.

Really great

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 05:05 PM

Thanks, Dennis. I needed that.:lol:

Actually, nutritionists do consider the combination of rice and beans as an excellent food. The problem occurs when you introduce lard, chorizo and other fatty items.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.