Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Questions On Getting Fishing License In Ensenada
estebanis
Nomad

question.gif posted on 4-2-2009 at 10:48 AM
Questions On Getting Fishing License In Ensenada

I wonder if someone could answer a few Preguntas?
Where is the Pesca Office in Ensenada?
What are the Saturday Hours?
How much are the fees nowadays?
Can I get a day license and fill it out on the day I go? I am undecided on which day I will be fishing.
Gracias,
Esteban
:spingrin:
estebanis
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 02:54 PM

fyi... I did try to search the previous threads with no success. I remember reading a post not that long ago that gave the info:?:
Esteban
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 03:27 PM

Mia's Bahia de los Angeles website has details on getting them on-line
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 06:15 PM

When we last got our fishing licenses we got them at the office of the Port Commissioner (I am unsure of the title, someone else will clarify). It is located as you enter Ensenada from the north. As you enter town you make a right hand turn as you enter town.

Be aware that it is a four step process. Go to the window and fill out forms, go back to the window and then go to the bank window to pay your fees, then go back to the original window with the receipt and your license will be issued. It seems complicated but is actually a pretty typical process in which the excahge of money happens at a bank window rather than with a civil servant at the counter.

I am going to explore the online site as it would be so much easier to do this online. I posted this in case you wanted to do this at the site.

Bring a copy of "There Is A Word For It In Mexico" with you to read while you are in line. See if you can spot any "chingas. Or you can use the book to understand why such a convoluted process exists and continues into the 21st Century.

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 06:20 PM

Here is the link to the online site. I have yet to go thru the process online.

http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info/fishing-permit-online.htm

Iflyfishwhennotscratchingmyheadaboutmexicanproceedures
estebanis
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 08:11 PM

Thanks! I don't have time for online but will check with the Port Captains office. I think it is just past the Naval shipyard towards the Seafood market.
Esteban
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 08:44 PM

The dep of tourism will sale them to you its on the main road through the Marina district on your left just across for hotel carona
We got ours there last month on our way down to Asuncion. when you come into to ensenada from the toll road just keep going through the light I think it two or three stop signs after that and on your left.
We tried the captians office but no luck + you have to turn of the main road to find it.
Again just go to Dep of Tourism and get it from them.
They do it on Computor and print it out and stamp ti and take your $$ all in one easy step.

[Edited on 4-3-2009 by BajaDanD]
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 10:04 PM

Good info BajaDanD....I hope to need it sooooon!! Thanks for the info.

Iflyfish
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 12:16 AM
liscense

You can get it from the Office of tourism in San Quintin also. If someone is there its on the right side of Mex1 just before you come into town there are ? signs but on a saturday it might be closed might not.
The one in Ensenada should be open on Sat. Im sure there is a Ph#
Someone on here should know how to get that #

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.