Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Jesse featured in Intl Living Mexico Insider
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

Mood: Loving life

thumbup.gif posted on 4-2-2009 at 12:57 PM
Jesse featured in Intl Living Mexico Insider

I just received the current month's copy of International Living's Mexico Insider newsletter. This month's featured location is La Paz. Here is a quote from the issue:

"The colonial home with the lush garden courtyard houses Tres Virgenes (Three Virgins), which is also the name of some high mountain peaks way to the north. Three former governors of Baja California Sur were born in this house. Owner Jesse Chávez says, “I want people to feel like they are coming over to eat in the backyard with me.” Dining at Tres Vírgenes is exactly that—you dine in the courtyard of the house. The Caesar salad and green chile soup are delicious, perfectly made, and moderately priced. Two people can have a wonderful meal, wine, and dessert here for around 450 pesos (about $31.50)"

Hopefully some day I will make it to La Paz and have an opportunity to visit Tre Virgenes. :D
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 04:45 PM

Way to go, Jesse!
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 06:22 PM

Great review and fits with my experience. Congrats!

Iflyfishandrememberthewonderfuldinnerandwineattresvirgenes
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 06:46 PM

I haven't been to his new place yet. Sounds like it might even be better than his last. Keep up the great work Jesse. Your's is still my favorite restaurant in LP!

In Memory of E-57
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2009 at 08:10 PM

Congratulations Jesse!!:bounce: Well deserved!:yes:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 04:19 AM

Good going Jesse!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 07:45 AM

Good job Jesse!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 04:03 PM

that's a good review and a great price to eat out.
mexico is such a great place!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2009 at 05:05 PM

Have not been as far south as La Paz for a couple of years---guess we need to go now so we can eat at a famous restuarant. :yes:

Good job

Diane

rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 01:57 AM

How is the Mexico Insider? I used to subscribe to it but got leery of the International Living part of it. One thing for sure, they do a good job of getting gringos pumped up to take the plunge.
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

Mood: Loving life

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rogerj1
How is the Mexico Insider? I used to subscribe to it but got leery of the International Living part of it. One thing for sure, they do a good job of getting gringos pumped up to take the plunge.

I subscribed to the Mexico Insider this year to see what it was like. Since we have already taken the "plunge" and committed to one location, I don't know that I am getting enough value for the annual price of $89. I don't think I will renew. I've learned enough on my own to write my own book about trying to settle and build in Mexico.

I will say, however, that several of the International Living books/publications that I have purchased have been well worth the price. Specifically, one on ex-pat tax issues. For this reason, I will continue to subscribe to IL.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 01:53 PM

Gracias everybody, gracias baja for your fish, herbs, spices, olive oils. This deserves a nice fish taco and a beer.

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2009 at 06:25 PM

You were between restaurants the last time I was in town. Where is your new place located and what is the ph.#?

Finally getting down there in a week and don't want to miss out on your new place

In Memory of E-57
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2009 at 07:12 PM

Alan, same street, same block, other side of the street about half way down the street. Sorry, I don't have phone #. Safe trip!!:yes:
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 5-24-2009 at 07:47 PM

Felicidades Jesse, you deserve it.
Saludos
Fernando

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2009 at 08:36 PM

Congrats on the good press, you deserve it. Can't wait to try your new restaurant. We had a stellar meal at the former location.

Ken

[Edited on 5-25-2009 by tripledigitken]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 01:33 PM

We had a wonderful dinner at Jesse's almost two weeks ago. Heartily recommended. Sad for us that we weren't very hungry because a late afternoon ceviche craving was given in to. Food is superbly seasoned. I was particularly interested in the numerous inventive appetizers, and suggested to Jesse that we could have made our meal from three or four of them. I suggest a tapas menu with wine!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.