BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege or San Lucas Cove Reports?
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 08:58 AM
Mulege or San Lucas Cove Reports?

Hello. I noticed on the new edition on www.mexfish.com, no reports for Mulege or San Rosalia were added. Anyone have any updates on the fishing and water temps?? Thanks..

Damion
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 02:47 PM

drzura, I'm curious also.:?:
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 03:09 PM

Yesterday: A huge upwelling or plankton or both was reported from San Marcos/Tortuga to South of the mine off Bahia Conception. Very dirty water and no fish caught in it. One boat did get one dodo just out side of Santa Inez Islands in clean water. There are fish out there but you've got to look for them. Good news is there was at least one patrol boat racing over the wind blown waves in the afternoon. Of course they choose a day when the seiners were all gone????

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 03:33 PM

Wind!!!?? I dont wanna hear about any wind, especially when I have a 17' aluminum boat to fish from. Well, hopefully the wind dies down and the fishing picks up when I come down in a week-and-a-half.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 07:02 PM

no wind today

flat in the morning

wind waves until 4pm

nice now 8pm

water clear in the bay

lots of bait swimming

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 07:09 AM

According to tempbreak.com, the water temperatures around Santa Rosalia are in the high 80's. Is this correct???
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 07:45 AM

Two boats I heard from here yesterday. They started late because the dorado don't seem to be serious until at least then. One boat went around Ildafonzo (sp) and had no bites. The other stayed around the Point of Concepcion and also, no bites. Both boats were seeing fish. Just after 3pm they were of Concepcion and the sails started showing and within a half hour they were everywhere . Packs of them they reported and only a few hits that came unbuttoned. They're talking over 100 sails in a small area and packs up to 12. One of the boats went out the day before and had a similar experience but on dorado. Nothing till after 3 and then lots of fish showing with only a few takers. They got a few fish then. Water temps in the low to mid 80º's.
Weird stuff going on this year! Seiners are working way out side during the night. Maybe targeting the pelagic fishes?

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 08:38 AM

Those periods of biting fish would coincide with the daytime peak of the high tides, based on the SR predictions.

For what that's worth...............

drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 09:35 AM

Hopefully those seiners are not netting all the fish. And your right Hook, the fish are biting near high tide. Come to think of it, I will be trying to get my boat in the water during low tide at San Lucas Cove. I may just have to keep my boat in the water and anchor. The tides have always been higher in the morning when I have been there. We will see how this trip goes this time. When anyone hears anything about the fishing situation, please pass it on. I will be fishing in 9 days.....:spingrin:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 09:39 AM

The full moon? Might be feeding at night.:D
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 07:36 AM
dorado

yes there are fish out there but do require some searching. i was out yesterday south of conception point, found some patties and got six to the boat. released five so i know there are at least five left. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by mulege marv]

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by mulege marv]

Want what you have

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.