Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: tsunami effects made for a challenging day fishing in Asuncion
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 05:53 PM
tsunami effects made for a challenging day fishing in Asuncion

When I heard that the currents would be strong last night, i wondered how it might affect the fish. Juan took the Chivato boys out to the usual spots and NADA...no fish anywhere in any of the usual spots...Juan was so bummed and they proceeded to look all over hells half acre and finally found some and the action was fast and furious...triple hook ups and some real nice yellowtail but only landed one tuna and lost a bunch because of old line....oops.
I'm sure things will be back to normal soon.

Lobster season started today and woooo hooo, the vigilancia delivered 5 mochas...so the chivatoites were thrilled....sashimi and lobster dinner...oh yeah!

DSC03711-3.JPG - 41kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 06:34 PM

Shari, did you say Langosta?

Abalone and Lobster, a gift from above! Let us get serious; what do you want for a trade for Abalone and/or Lobster? As you know, we will be down on 24 October and just let me know what I can bring to make a good trade. I have type O blood, several bank CD's that mature next year, a yellow Labrador Deceiver, a Beatle CD and my #2 most valuable item., an original Helms Bakery sign and whistle from the 1950s from the Southern California famous bakery. If any of this does not tempt you, I might part with my dog, 1 pint of blood and the Helms whistle and my ultimate possession, from the 1950's, a complete Disneyland book of tickets for rides which includes "E" tickets.

Damn, talk to me girl, what will it take?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 06:34 PM

Tsunami conditions? Ya really think so??

A sportfishing vessel traveling from San Diego to the Uncle Sam Bank said,

"We bucked a current the whole way south."

And that was a day before the earthquake.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 08:21 PM

ya I do....we usually limit out before 10:00 and there were just NO fish...or they were spooked and on the bottom or somewhere...fish didnt even start to bite till afternoon.

I remember when the big earthquake in LA happened, i was in Ojo de Liebre and we couldnt figure out why all the whales had left the lagoon...even before the quake hit...they knew!...they came back the next day though.

Now Howard....hmmm...Juan is a real beatle fan but only likes casettes! We have too many dogs and cats...got any parrots? an owl maybe? your first born??

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.