Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Big Fish Day Today in Asuncion
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-7-2009 at 09:10 PM
Big Fish Day Today in Asuncion

I know, I know, you are all tired of the fishing reports from here...but this was a really really good day and the guysn and girls are so happy...specially the girls from Mulege...one of whom brought in 2 big tuna on one lure!!! the Mulege gang limited out fast and furious on nice tuna which they are having for dinner.

My inspiration this week is 84 year young Charlie Silvert who landed a beautiful big dorado on his first drop of the purple cedar plug...he was real happy too as were his buddies with more tuna. Chuck sure has some outrageous early baja stories!!!

But the biggest fish of the day was about a 47 lb. yellowtail caught by Dennis from Mamouth Mountain who caught it just paddling around on his kayak in front of Campo Sirena trolling a mackeral rappala on 30 lb test!!! He was so stoked and told a great fish tale about a nantucket sleighride type experience and being dragged around in circles by the monster till he got tired.

It was a great day on the water today for everyone.

And today I think Dennis may have come to visit our bay in his skiff....sorry D I was too busy for c-cktails amigo...next time

DSC04018-1.JPG - 40kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
stimbo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2009 at 09:19 PM
tuna boys

Yeah Dennis! You da man! I can't wait to hear to hear your stories when you get home. Thanks Shari for posting the fishing report. They don't get old when they're good.

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by stimbo]
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 11-7-2009 at 09:47 PM

..and i have NEVER..and i mean NEVER seen yellowfin fishing like this.....we would put the lures out and before we could get them in the rod holders we would have a fish on...both of us!...double after double after double...we finally just tired out!....juan is SUCH a wonderful capitan; he works sooooo hard...and his deckhand, juan carlos is all smiles, all the time...we love this place soooooo much...our wonderful hosts, shari and juan, our incredible cook/housekeeper lisbet, (she went the extra mile), and juanitas restaurante that served us the most delectible sopes that i've ever had in all my years in mexico...oh my, you guys..oh my!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2009 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
..and i have NEVER..and i mean NEVER seen yellowfin fishing like this.....we would put the lures out and before we could get them in the rod holders we would have a fish on...both of us!...double after double after double...we finally just tired out!....juan is SUCH a wonderful capitan; he works sooooo hard...and his deckhand, juan carlos is all smiles, all the time...we love this place soooooo much...our wonderful hosts, shari and juan, our incredible cook/housekeeper lisbet, (she went the extra mile), and juanitas restaurante that served us the most delectible sopes that i've ever had in all my years in mexico...oh my, you guys..oh my!

Well, since we are missing being there, we sure are happy you are enjoying our neck of the woods---or at least it sounds that way. :biggrin:

While you are there, do also try the restaurant Tres Hermanos---Gloria's place---you can walk to it from where you are---the green house. If you want, she will cook your fish for you!

And if you are possibly interested in that house on the other thread, we hope you found Armando.

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by DianaT]

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 05:00 AM

Quote:
..and i have NEVER..and i mean NEVER seen yellowfin fishing like this.....!

Good Job Mike y Roz! We also wanted to go.. bad, but could not get away that quick. Thinking now we will take the motorhome over sometime after Nov 19th. Maybe spend Thanksgiving camped there..got a huge turkey just in case the tuna moved!

I need fish. Will probably buy a place over there. Look around for a good view of the ocean, close proximity to a bar, plus a launching, casting, snoozing beach.

I bet Roz is grinning from ear to ear...like you. Kudos, amigo, and to all you lucky fishermen at Asuncion.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 07:18 AM

we're glad you guys were able to find the fatties we left for another day!

great times!

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 07:28 AM

Three cheers for Charlie, the 84 year old Dorado man!!!!

Wow.
Bwana_John
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 07:38 AM

Quote:

But the biggest fish of the day was about a 47 lb. yellowtail caught by Dennis from Mamouth

Is that Dennis O. from Swall Meadows?

I haven't seen Dennis or Jeanie for 10 years.

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by Bwana_John]
stimbo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 08:42 AM
fishin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Bwana_John
Quote:

But the biggest fish of the day was about a 47 lb. yellowtail caught by Dennis from Mamouth

Is that Dennis O. from Swall Meadows?

I haven't seen Dennis or Jeanie for 10 years.

You are correct!
Bwana_John
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 09:00 AM

Stimbo,
Did I buy a white fiberglass shell for a F-250 pick-up from you in about 1995 in Sunny Slopes?
John - MMSA 1980-1999, Nite Crew

PS- just sold that truck and shell.

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by Bwana_John]
stimbo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2009 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bwana_John
Stimbo,
Did I buy a white fiberglass shell for a F-250 pick-up from you in about 1995 in Sunny Slopes?
John

PS- just sold that truck and shell.

Naw, wasn't me. I had a Toyota back then. Now I've got an F-250 AND a Tundra.

Wishin' I too was hooking into some large tuna, dorado... instead I may scout some of the local lakes for ice skating.
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 08:01 PM

Quote:

Ahhhh....I cant wait for next October when we come! It sounds like a fishermans dream come true. Im so Excited, what will I do till then?:bounce::bounce:
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 05:36 AM

Fishing looks great for sure. I think your yachty friend may be:

Pelorus
Length: 377 feet 3 inches

Roman Abramovich

"Pelorus" is technically Abramovich's biggest yacht until he takes possession of "Eclipse." It has two helipads, a movie theater, steam room and indoor pool. It was built by Lürssen in 2003 and is reported to have cost about $120 million.

A Russian oil billionaire. Be nice to them.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 05:50 AM

Tiomiguel, when are you arriving at your home in Asuncion? Hope to see you this Christmas!

pascuale
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiomiguel
Fishing looks great for sure. I think your yachty friend may be:

Pelorus
Length: 377 feet 3 inches

Roman Abramovich

"Pelorus" is technically Abramovich's biggest yacht until he takes possession of "Eclipse." It has two helipads, a movie theater, steam room and indoor pool. It was built by Lürssen in 2003 and is reported to have cost about $120 million.

A Russian oil billionaire. Be nice to them.

I would say that Yacht is only 200 feet long.
GC
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 12:59 PM

Just got back to Punta Banda from Asuncion and one of our best fishing trips in Baja. The fishing was great--we left the Tuna still biting both days we fished and then enjoyed catch and release Calicos. Juan and Juan Carlos were a delight to fish with and had an intimate knowledge of the area.

Dennis' Yellowtail look bigger in person and I wished my 50LB digital scale would have been more reliable. It read an H and 3. something when we tried to weigh the fish--could that have meant we exceeded the 50 LBS by three? It was 49.5 inches long and Dennis was one happy fisherman.
pascuale
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 06:16 PM

Nice fish anyhow!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.