Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Openings for El Salto Bass this year
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2009 at 05:57 PM
Openings for El Salto Bass this year

http://www.bigbassfishingmexico.com/elsalto

Our annual January bass fishing trip to Mexico is on for this year but we're shy a couple of boats due to the economy taking it's toll:(
Anyway, if you want what might be arguably the finest bass fishing on the planet you're welcome to join us. Contact the El Salto Lodge at the above address and book a room arriving Monday, Jan 25. We are fishing afternoon of the arrival and then for 2 days, you do your own thing. 2 per room/boat. I think the rates are in the $1700 range for 2 people - all food, beer and margies you can consume. I guarantee you will be happy when it's over as you won't be able to move after 2 1/2 intense days - every muscle will be sore. We generally throw $50 in the pot for big fish and general trash talking.
You have to get to Mazatlan International on your own.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-17-2009 at 08:39 PM

OMG, tell me more!

The baseball we could talk and the beers we could drink while throwing buzzbaits..............well, it would be a great prelude to spring training in AZ, even though a little early. I gotta be in your boat, if I go. Dont sluff me off on some futbol or American football fan, now, Santiago.

Airport? I dont need no stinkin' airport!

Uh, you ain't a filthy Yankee or a Chowderhead, are you????? :fire:

[Edited on 12-18-2009 by Hook]

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-17-2009 at 08:46 PM

$850 each for 2 days fishing? $425/day. Why?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2009 at 11:12 PM

Hook: I got my bass buddy wid me so you got to bring your own. Didn't think about you guys from San Carlos - that's a short drive for you.
FB: No its 2 1/2 days fishing, 3 nights in a nice little 'lodge', 3 meals a day, all the Tecate in a can and margies you want. Not a party place though - it's out by itself and they have maybe a dozen rooms. Sound asleep by 9:00pm, up at 5:00, fish at 6:00am to 11:30, back on the water at 1:00, fish until dusk. Clientele is hard-core bass guys, you'll hear a lot of southern drawl. You'll learn more about rigging it wacky than you'll really want to know. But, 80 bass per boat per day, in the 4 - 5 pound range makes it worth while. Last year my best was a 7# and it was by far the smallest. Pot was taken by an 11# with 3 or 4 in the 9-10# range.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-18-2009 at 12:35 AM

Sounds like a pretty special place!:coolup:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 12-19-2009 at 02:59 PM

El Salto is the greatest bass fishing I have ever had. I spent 20 years chasing bass all over Ca. 2 trips to Lake Huites, and 1 to El Salto, and now I either fish saltwater or nothing, unless I get a chance at a Mexican lake again. The lodge is nice, the food is good. Lots to drink, all included. They wake you in the morning with coffee and juice. Brought to your room. Eat and fish all day. The guides know the lake, most grew up there. Dawn and dusk, the topwater fishing is some of the best in the world. Got a 9# on a Pop-R. More 5-8# fish than I could keep track of. Don't drink to much at lunch or you may not weant to go back out:lol: Those fish destroy plastics, so take a ton. Make sure to fish the cemetary! I cannot say enough good things about that place. Go, you will be glad you did!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.