Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Espresso Anyone??
conchita

Mood: enjoy'n the sunshine

shocked.gif posted on 2-11-2010 at 09:40 AM
Espresso Anyone??

For anyone heading South of San Quintin looking for great Espresso & Coffee, you should stop in at the New Restaurant in El Socorro, Roman's Italian Bistro.

When we first came to Baja, the one thing we missed was Espresso & good coffee.

We had Espresso drive-thru's in the Northwest before comming to Baja, so we do know what we are doing when it comes to Espresso & Coffee.

We had signs along the highway but they disappeared with the big storm 2 weeks ago and we haven't gotten them replaced yet.

So if you're looking for a great pick-me-up heading South, slow down at KM 22 South of San Quintin. We are at KM 24.2 at the entrance to El Socorro just off the highway. It's the big brown/mauve building that's been sitting vacant for the last 6-8 years, so don't just fly past like the trucks do.

We have plenty of parking for Large vehicles, trailers, RV's, etc. Fresh coffee is 10 pesos & Latte's, Mochas are 30 pesos, blended drinks start at 40 pesos, depending on what you want to add, we can make almost anything, still adding flavors but we carry the basics (Mocha, caramel, vanilla, irish cream & hazelnut and we can do some interesting combos.

Add a homemade Cinnabon style cinnamon roll or have an order of Biscuits & Gravy.

Mention you're a Nomad and receive a discount.

Roman's Italian Bistro, El Socorro, KM 24.2 South of San Quintin (20 miles North of Pemex in El Rosario, apx. 12 miles South of San Quintin). Heading South, As you begin the climb out of the valley (apx. KM 21) as you approach El Socorro you'll see the signs on the right side for CREAA, we are the next right turn, if you go over the bridge you've gone too far. From the South, you'll see the Beach front Development on the left (flags line the entrance road) and the Rock Quarry on the right, cross the bridge & turn in (just watch for traffic coming over the hill)

Still working on replacing the signs that went missing after the last storm (just about everything went down in that one, not just our signs)

Signs on the building say "Pizza & Wi-Fi" at least they stayed put.

Stop in, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Look forward to meeting more wonderful Nomads here in Baja.

Open 7 AM - 8 PM, as the days get longer hours may be extended, we have noticed more Southbound traffic Thurs - Sat so we are around until 8:30 - 9:00 PM, later if we're busy like last weekend. Once in awhile, you'll find a note on the door, "gone to the beach", but one of us is usually around.
Sometimes we just gotta go see whats happening after that storm, most of the beach washed away & we're watching it come back one day at a time!

Clamming & surfing are still good though.

If you like good coffee & Espresso stop in & give us a try.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 09:57 AM

Sounds great! We drive by there southbound early in the morning after spending the night in San Quintin. 7 AM works.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 03:43 PM

This is the Off Road forum... perhaps the 'Restaurant Review' forum will help more customers to find you, instead of just the off road ones?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 05:15 PM

Except that anyone clicking on "Today's Posts" will find this. Anal retentive?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 06:10 PM

Off course... but once a thread is more than 48 hours old (last active) it isn't in Today's Posts any longer. This is the Off Road forum. Conchita will get more business if people can find it... Would you look for a car in the furniture ads section of classified ads in the paper?

Perhaps Doug will move the thread soon, or Conchita can repost in the correct forum herself? I am not being critical, I am helping a new Nomad get off to a good start!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 06:36 PM

i'm interested

do you have a map to your place?

is the coffee made with bottled water?
that's my real concern

i'm really careful

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 06:38 PM

Even Off-Roaders need a cafe mocha once in awhile...

:biggrin:

akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 08:44 PM
Coffee has come to Mulege as well as a bakery

Mago's Coffee and Sweets has a cappuccino machine and a selection of roasted coffee from Costco in the states. They have calazones, brownies, and different cakes everyday. Watch out waistline and my coffee addiction is back.

It's across from SuperAgua2000, near the bank.
conchita

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 01:16 PM
Espresso Anyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
This is the Off Road forum... perhaps the 'Restaurant Review' forum will help more customers to find you, instead of just the off road ones?

When I first posted this, I didn't mean to post in the off-road section & I was gonna move it, but then I thought about it, I was looking to see when the off-road events were happening to see when people would be traveling South & which way they were heading South.

Lets face it, Ive seen the rigs, loaded to the gills & most of the off roaders don't need to stop at restaurants, they pack in all their own stuff (even the stuff you aren't supposed to be able to bring across the border, only cause you can't get some of the stuff here).

So, the off-road group was my target, figuring they'd need coffee or espresso to keep them going.

We also bake our own Cinnamon rolls (Cinnabon style) & Homemade Pies, Homemade Sourdough bread for sandwiches & with dinners, Homemade Biscuits for the sausage gravy so we're kind of a mini bakery. Made some killer fudge the other night, Yummm!!

Hot Apple Pie is fresh out of the oven 10 min's ago & the bread is baking right now, Cookies later today so you can always find something just baked to take with you on the road with your coffee or espresso.

Glad to hear someone opened something similar in Mulege, when we first came down, we had a hard time finding decent coffee and espresso wasn't even a consideration, it just wasn't south of Ensenada, so I'm glad to see it spreading.

So to answer another question I saw posted, YES WE USE BOTTLED WATER!!! Especially for the machine, it doesn't like minerals in the boiler & I can't imagine what it would do to the taste, I'm not gonna find out.

Thanks to who ever moved it to the restaurant reviews but like I said, I was kinda targeting the off roaders, who don't need a restaurant just a pick-me-up to keep them goin.

Hope we get the chance to meet more of you Nomads soon, the ones we have met have been wonderful!!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akmaxx
Mago's Coffee and Sweets has a cappuccino machine and a selection of roasted coffee from Costco in the states. They have calazones, brownies, and different cakes everyday. Watch out waistline and my coffee addiction is back.

It's across from SuperAgua2000, near the bank.

Curious. What are calazones?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 02:47 PM

the answer is ALWAYS on seinfeld:lol:

[Edited on 2-12-2010 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-13-2010 at 02:16 PM

Conchita,
Drove by your place a couple of days ago. Noticed the pizza and wifi sign, but since we just left SQ and not in the market for pizza at 7 o'clock in the morning, but sure could have used a decent cup of coffee, I suggest you get your expresso sign up muy rapido.:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2010 at 08:02 PM

Hola Conchita and welcome.

i am looking forward to visiting your restaurant going south in march and north in september. as for me, it's a perfect spot to take a break traveling both ways.

what a treat it will be as all the feedback how great the food and drinks are that i'm getting, hopefully will be a bonanza for your new venture.

how is the surf fishing there about now ? in the past, i did fish el socorro and pabellon just catching small barred perch but maybe the " catching " has improved ? also, may want to go out in a panga for possibly calico bass and white seabass, if they're biting.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

P.S. as i am fairly new to this site too, i'm still learning the posting etiquette.
conchita

[*] posted on 2-14-2010 at 04:24 PM
Espresso Anyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
i'm interested

do you have a map to your place?

is the coffee made with bottled water?
that's my real concern

i'm really careful

It Isn't hard to find since it sits just about 100' off the Highway at KM 24 South of San Quintin, it's 20 miles north of the Pemex in El Rosario. It's the big brown/mauve building with white doors

YES, we use bottled water, I'm careful too! Besides I don't think the Espresso machine would last on the well water so it's definately bottled water.

Hope to meet see you some day soon.
conchita

[*] posted on 2-14-2010 at 04:32 PM
Espresso Anyone??

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola Conchita and welcome.

i am looking forward to visiting your restaurant going south in march and north in september. as for me, it's a perfect spot to take a break traveling both ways.

what a treat it will be as all the feedback how great the food and drinks are that i'm getting, hopefully will be a bonanza for your new venture.

how is the surf fishing there about now ? in the past, i did fish el socorro and pabellon just catching small barred perch but maybe the " catching " has improved ? also, may want to go out in a panga for possibly calico bass and white seabass, if they're biting.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

P.S. as i am fairly new to this site too, i'm still learning the posting etiquette.

Boy's went fishin in a panga the other day, didn't go for long, weather was changing, but they did come back with White Sea Bass. Surf fishing is gonna be difficult until the beach comes back. It's all rocky since the storm washed in lots of rock & debris. Sounds amazing though, when the surf tries to pull the rocks back into the ocean at high tide. Hopefully were expecting lots of fish here with 'El Nino' and warmer water, I can't wait. Claming is great here too.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.