BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: like to fish?? like La Paz??
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

thumbup.gif posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:42 PM
like to fish?? like La Paz??

here's a killer deal. - from your friends at BBP....

"I talked with the folks at Baja Pirates fishing fleet yesterday about fishing in La Paz. They told me they operate the largest fleet of cruisers in La Paz at 15 with sizes ranging from 19' and up to 50'. Currently they are offering a 710.00 pp dbl occupancy rate to fish with them. The price includes 3 full days of fishing, 4 nights accomodations at Club Cantamar, breakfast and lunch, fishing license, fish processing to include vacuum pack and freezing, transfer to/from airport and use of their equipment.
Compared to Loreto, this sounds like a great deal to me for anyone wanting to fish in the La paz area. They are supposedly catching 40-50 y-tail currently which agrees with the report I received yesterday from Loreto
Before anyone asks, I have nothing to do with these folks and have never talked with them in any way before yesterday (3-18-10) at the @#$%^&*(*&^%%
They can be reached at 866-454-5386. The same price will be offered next month in Ca at one of the shows there. Ask for show pricing"

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:47 PM

what's a pick up and delivery and return of two fisherpeople in sandy eggo cost?

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:51 PM

not as cheap as the airline if you can book right out of TJ for instance.
but.... way more fun and we can stop along the way if you want or just jamb down non stop in 4 hours.
can your bladder do it? mine can unless i am drinking coffee or beer....:biggrin:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
what's a pick up and delivery and return of two fisherpeople in sandy eggo cost?

Volaris flights from TJ to La Paz are under $200 RT.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
not as cheap as the airline if you can book right out of TJ for instance.
but.... way more fun and we can stop along the way if you want or just jamb down non stop in 4 hours.
can your bladder do it? mine can unless i am drinking coffee or beer....:biggrin:

OH YEAH! my bladder is in its prime.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 07:10 PM

that is killer pricing.
my gas alone is more than double that - course i can put 4 total on board.:lol::lol:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 07:12 PM

i was just axing. rather spend 10 days in BA for 1/2 price with the option to surf...

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 09:30 PM

Hola, what pricing do they or you have for two people with their own gear and fishing for three or four days out of meurtos bay, las arenas. primary target is dogtooth snapper ( pargo perro ) and roosterfish ?

we have our own gear and i live in los barriles march to october but my son is coming down again to fish and we are not rich. super pangas are what we would like. we already know the pangeros in muertos and las arenas so if you can equal their prices, we'll go with you !

let me know,

BIEN SALUD, JAMES H
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 07:29 AM

"we are not rich" - sorry, it is very expensive. i suggest vegas or the lotto then become rico and we go, pork Kay no??:tumble:

"rather spend 10 days in BA for 1/2 price with the option to surf... ":bounce:

me too!! we'll just have to put that together Woodrow.
i have yet to go to BA and REALLY want to meet and camp with J Y S.
i can't do 10 days tho... when is good for summer?

can/will you fly to PHX RT on Southwest for cheep?? it's cheaper than my 4 hours RT to position in Brown Fld SD. we can leave from PHX early in the a.m. and i can have us on the beach in BA in about 4 hours including check in and fuel in MMGM.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 08:45 AM

we're going the first week of Oct. for 10 days. as summer progresses we may be up for a long weekend. PHX is doable as the inlaws live in Tempe and we can kill two birds.

do you have surfboard racks?:light::lol::cool:

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 09:26 AM

no sweat Woodman...we got some boards here to lend ya...seriously looking into "screamin" trips to here and having boards and fishing gear available for the flyers...look forward to those suds arriving!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 10:38 AM

Hola capt. mike,

thank you for the heads up. i'll give them a call and i also need to know if the double occupancy means two guys on a cruiser or do they couple us up or would they just put us on a panga.

if they're getting the dogtooth snapper, i'm thinking they go to las arenas/muertos bay ? hope they have the boats there and not go out of la paz.

i'm hoping they would give us a better rate as we can drive to la paz and not require any pick up service from the airport but it would be nice if they provided transportation to wherever they're launching from. we also have all our own gear.

i would think the 19 footer would be a panga ?

sorry about all the questions and i will follow up by calling them.

thank you very much again.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 11:56 AM

and - a friend on BBP just said Jonathon Roldon of Tailhook charters in la paz has even better deals at $600?? so check it all out - i don't know richard diddly about fishing so i go out with the boys from mulege.
they are capts, i am a drinker...

Woodman - :
"PHX is doable as the inlaws live in Tempe and we can kill two birds"

good plan - i can do that - 2-3 nites stay in BA, ok. when it is frickin HOTTT here....email me privately when you can target dates and i'll give you a trip budget. has to be a weekend in case i get some work, Gawd knows i am trying...
who said i was retired on the babes post?? not hardly - retarded is more like it.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 12:51 PM
"PHX is doable as the inlaws live in Tempe and we can kill two birds. "

Woody

I didn't know that in Arizona it is legal to kill your inlaws.

I know it's not in California but you would probably just get your and slapped as long as you promised not to do it again!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 01:30 PM

I used to launch my boat regularly at Cantamar and I saw the Baja Pirates coming and going. They seem like pretty good folks. Their staple boats were Triumph 210 center consoles with a couple of small cruisers for larger parties.

I have fished with Jonathan Roldan's Tailhunter International and he puts on a pretty good show also. For the last couple of years he seems to have focused on the Las Arenas side as the fishing has been much better than La Paz.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Woody

I didn't know that in Arizona it is legal to kill your inlaws.

I know it's not in California but you would probably just get your and slapped as long as you promised not to do it again!

i saw that and wondered if i should edit in "old" in front of birds....:lol:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
good plan - i can do that - 2-3 nites stay in BA, ok. when it is frickin HOTTT here....email me privately when you can target dates and i'll give you a trip budget. has to be a weekend in case i get some work, Gawd knows i am trying...
who said i was retired on the babes post?? not hardly - retarded is more like it.

sounds good. weekend for sure, as summer progresses.

bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 09:52 PM

i have fished Baja Pirates twice with great results. they will fish either side. they have a fleet of center consoles - go to their web site for pics. we fished three off their 21' Triumph and were comfortable. I have fished with Tortuga also with good luck but I prefer the hotel stay with Baja Pirates vs the house with Tortuga.

I'll be talking to them at the Fred Hall show this coming week. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the fishing outfits there. email me if you need more info. I have a driver that takes us both ways from San Diego to the airport in TJ. It's better than going to LAX.

[Edited on 3-21-2010 by bajajurel]

[Edited on 3-21-2010 by bajajurel]

bajajurel

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.