BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dodo's
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 07:05 PM
Dodo's

Comng to Loreto on July 4th to do some Dorado fishing and hopefully some Dorado catching.

I know it is a little early but any being caught and if so, what size range?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 07:32 PM

Usually dorado show up offshore from Loreto in mid-April and by June I am trying to avoid them in favor of marlin, wahoo, or tuna. This year all of the above have been pretty much conspicuous by their absence. In the eight years I have been in Loreto, this is by far the worst year I have seen for the pelagics. Things might turn around by the fourth of July, by right now it does not look promising.
On the bright side, there has been a pretty consistent yellowtail bite, and fishermen working the reefs have been scoring some nice groupers, cabrilla and pargo.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 02:53 PM

I agree with Bill and suggest you also read my posting at Mulege fishing where I dealt with the current lack of Dorado.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.