Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mocambo
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 02:50 PM
Mocambo

Mocambo Seafood Restaurant has been a fixture in Cabo since 1992. I've always gone there at least once whenever I'm in town. It has a wide variety of well prepared seafood, with emphasis on the cuisine of Veracruz.

Their fish ceviche is not only great tasting, but is actually the largest portion I've ever encountered.

They are located several blocks up from the main drag and have their own off-street free parking.

While family run for many years, it was recently acquired by the woman that owns Lorenzillo's at the marina (and in Cancun). She has upgraded the decor, with a stylish paint job, new furniture and tablecloths. Best of all, she managed to soften the lighting, which had been somewhat harsh.

http://www.mariscosmocambo.com/cabo-san-lucas-menu.html#menu
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 03:03 PM

So what??? Who cares??? The restaurant pimping game is over.

It doesn't matter. Good food can only get so good. Why do we have to hear all this sht about wonderful before we've had a chance to taste the last recommendation?
Most of these restaurants are paying more attention to presentation over quality and taste.
Ask yourself if this plate is put together for your taste rather than eye.
You'll be surprised.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 03:27 PM

The eye eats first.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 04:15 PM

Would someone review the new Sharky's, I'll bet it has reopened?
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 04:31 PM

I ate at Mocambo the first time in about 97. Same as you Howodd, every time I've been in Cabo since, I eat there at least once. Great food. The huge family platters are a feast, for the palate, and yes Dennis, the eyes!:wow:

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 04:37 PM

Thanks BHO. I care. Although a full time resident of Los Cabos, and mariscos lover, I have never tried Macombos. I'll do that in the next couple of weeks. I hear that Las Tres Islas is good too, but haven't tried it either. Any experience there? Too many good restaurants in Los Cabos and too few pounds to gain.

I wonder why, if they really don't care, why they read the restaurant reviews. :light:
bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 04:42 PM

:lol: Same thought crossed my mind oxxo, but then I thought a little more.;)

karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 05:45 PM

The hubby wants to try Las Tres Islas too...maybe a BN get together!

Either one of you eaten at "Campestre or El Torro Mariscos"? Both are close to the Delegation/Red Cross. "Muy really good" as one of our friends would say.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2010 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So what??? Who cares??? The restaurant pimping game is over.

It doesn't matter. Good food can only get so good. Why do we have to hear all this sht about wonderful before we've had a chance to taste the last recommendation?
Most of these restaurants are paying more attention to presentation over quality and taste.
Ask yourself if this plate is put together for your taste rather than eye.
You'll be surprised.

Maybe. Maybe not. When in Cabo, I can just as easily run over to Los Michoacanos and pick up a kilo of carnitas, rice, beans and tortillas, and take it back to the room.
bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2010 at 02:48 PM

:o Heaven Forbid!!! Takeout! :biggrin: I do the same thing at Magana's in La Mision. :bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.