Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Guerrero Negro - day trip
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:04 PM
Guerrero Negro - day trip

we had to get our dog rex fixed, so we went to Guerrero Negro where we have an excellent vet..... then we drove around to see the town a bit (there are some amazing houses now) and we also had a wonderful filet mignon with mushroom lunch at Malarrimo .. Rex is well and we are home !!

[img][/img]

PHOTOS OF GUERRERO NEGRO

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

Mood: Loving life in Baja

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 08:46 PM

Those are some nice looking houses.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 09:21 PM

I love eating at Malarrimo:yes:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 03:14 PM

lunch at malarrimo outdid itself

@L - I was pleasantly surprised at some of those houses ... it is a shame that they are behind tall walls and have bars on the windows but they are just gorgeous houses !!

some of the stores are really neat too - there was one called mar y mar - it was closed - but i guess the artist does art out of salt. i really wd have liked to have seen his or her art.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 03:39 PM

Malarrimo has been around for a very long time. Have to admit to dining there every time we pass through. But, and perhaps it's just our personal taste, but it has been years that we leave there feeling as though we were rushed through our meal, even when the place was almost empty.

This in no way is an indictment of their food. Just think that someone needs to tell the kitchen and wait staff to slow down.

That said, a few blocks East is Las Cazuelas. It's a family run operation that provides warm hospitality and good food.

And, I would be remiss to not mention the restaurant adjacent to Caracoles, Nautilus. Despite having the ambience of a turnpike restaurant on I-95, they turn out some really great grub. Their breakfast chilaquilles are among the best I've ever had in all of Mexico.

Last, but not least. Asadero Cowboy. Simple, but tasty, and easy on the wallet.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 08:40 AM

interesting because this time Malarrimo waiters went reeeeeeeeeeallllllll slow ... there was no one in the restaurant and we did NOT feel rushed at any time.

I guess we should try the other options but the filet mignon is so melt in your mouth delicious that we are drawn to repeat the same meal over and over and over

:lol::lol::lol:

Come visit La Bocana

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 03:34 PM

Maybe they don't like our look, and feel it's bad for business, so they hustle us out as quickly as possible.:lol:

Have to admit that I've never had beef there. Always stuck with the perlas del mar.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.