Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: a night in Cataviņa
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 05:15 PM

It is not the only place... it may be the best place... but that wasn't what I was correcting. I will agree with both of you boys (or is that one boy and one goat?).

If it was me, and I needed a room... El Rosario is 1.5 hrs. away... 1) Baja Cactus, 2) Turista Motel, 3) Baja's Best B&B... and the other two places.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It is not the only place... it may be the best place... but that wasn't what I was correcting. I will agree with both of you boys (or is that one boy and one goat?).

If it was me, and I needed a room... El Rosario is 1.5 hrs. away... 1) Baja Cactus, 2) Turista Motel, 3) Baja's Best B&B... and the other two places.

That comment misses the whole point to the post. Without driving at night I needed to spend the night in Catavina to be able to take photos 30 minutes before and after sunset and sunrise.

Ken
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 05:44 PM

["1) Cabaņas Linda (motel) is across the highway and just north of the hotel formerly called Desert Inn. Reviews have ranged from good (DianaT and other's posts) to poor (Ken Cooke posts)"]

This is the pink motel on the north side of town.

I've staryed there a few times. One time we stayed there and there were a couple of other families staying too on their way to Central America. They lefty early. My brother was outside when the owner/maid/whoever came to clean the rooms. She never changed the sheets just straintened them out made the beds. After that when we stayed there my brother never sleep in a bed he used his camping cot. I just put my sleeping bag on the bed.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
["1) Cabaņas Linda (motel) is across the highway and just north of the hotel formerly called Desert Inn. Reviews have ranged from good (DianaT and other's posts) to poor (Ken Cooke posts)"]

This is the pink motel on the north side of town.

I've staryed there a few times. One time we stayed there and there were a couple of other families staying too on their way to Central America. They lefty early. My brother was outside when the owner/maid/whoever came to clean the rooms. She never changed the sheets just straintened them out made the beds. After that when we stayed there my brother never sleep in a bed he used his camping cot. I just put my sleeping bag on the bed.

That's pretty gross TW! Yah, maybe that is okay for the world class travelers mentioned above... but yech!

Ken, I understand your desire for staying in Cataviņa... it was HowOdd/Goat's comment that I was addressing with the additional info. That hotel doesn't have very many rooms, so what do people planning on it need to do if it is full...? So, I mentioned that it isn't the only game in town, even thought it is the best one in a 75 mile radius!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 06:25 AM

i won't stay at a place that allows mangey mutts!!
who needs fleas, shed hair and dirt from frickin dogs in a room - they can never get them cleaned, at least one place apparently doesn't try! hahahaha

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Be serious, David.

Linda is totally third world, and Rancho Santa Ynez is a campground, despite the bunk rooms you mention.

Facts? Give me a break. I will gladly grant you that there are a number of Baja travelers who may find those two places acceptable. But, for the "tenderfoot" tourist, the Desert Inn, or whatever its new name is, represents to only thing in the area that comes close to what the majority of American tourists would find acceptable.

I was merely stating that for a majority of touriists in Baja, the "Hotel Mission Catavina", really is the only game in town. You really think that the three women (three generations, going to see the whales) I was next to at the Desert Inn front desk two years ago at 6pm, who ended up over at Cabanas Lindas for the night, are going to tell anyone that they found the best place to stay there?

The "Trotters" are world travelers, and while they have discrminating tastes, they will always take refuge in a place that will accept their dogs.

[Edited on 3-21-2011 by Bajahowodd]

bajahowood:
you are correct, the desert inn is only lodging in town that doesn't have fleas or hanta virus. it is also only restaurant in town that does not serve salmonella for breakfast.

[Edited on 3-21-2011 by mtgoat666]

HI-larious

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.