bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by estone888
Yep, there was a period when - not sure if it's still true or not - one of the primary smuggling routes for Chinese illegal immigrants to the U.S. was through the container port in Ensenada. Once there, it was easier to get from Mexico across the border into the U.S. It figures into the novel I'm working on.

Yes and no. They arn't, from anything I've ever heard of, being shipped in containers. they'd be like micrwave popcorn.
They are, however, even today, being unloaded on the beaches south of the city to make their way through the hills to points north.
In the past, with a much smaller police and military presense, I've seen as many as thirty Chinese walking single file down the Bufadora road having just been dumped from off-shore boats.

So...what did you have in mind? Interviews??...Recipes??

Laundry......???? :lol:

estone888

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 08:45 PM

Well, this is certainly a mighty fun introduction to BajaNomad, gotta give it that. Considering that none of you know much of anything about the book I am working on, or my process for working on it, I am amused by some of your criticism and speculation.

I can see that this is going to be a rather lively, interesting, at times aggravating and hopefully from time to time useful forum to spend some time on. :spingrin:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 08:47 PM
Suggestion

Quote:
I can see that this is going to be a rather lively, interesting, at times aggravating and hopefully from time to time useful forum to spend some time on. :spingrin:

Best get some popcorn and a beer or two.........

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 09:05 PM

Quote:
Considering that none of you know much of anything about the book I am working on, or my process for working on it, I am amused by some of your criticism and speculation.

Interesting reply, but I didn't know you were working on a book and, if you really had a researching authors curiosity, you might show some interest in facts that are, or are not, pertinant to your assumptions as you have stated them.
I'll just step aside and await your best-sellers debut. I'll be awaiting a title such as, "Play Stations and Broiled chunkys in the Container stack."
Buena Suerte.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.