Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PART 2 - SAN JUANICO ITSELF
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 04:59 PM
PART 2 - SAN JUANICO ITSELF

PART 2 – SAN JUANICO / SCORPION BAY - And so we pulled into san juanico and after a bit we got to the main drag and it is spotless.

I absolutely love that they named their streets after Baja Sur villages:

At the end of the street, we veered left and stopped near a taco stand to take in the views and get in some photos. The waves were small but one after the other and went on forever.

Next we looked for our hotel. The casitas de san juanico had been recommended and we were not disappointed.

Quaint and simple with an outside garden and a patio for Rex to explore ! Tom, the owners’ son greeted us and opened up room #2.

Ceiling fan kept us cool, very clean inside and no other customers that day. Tom played drums loudly, I assume if we had stuck around he would NOT continue but we were out of there in a flash to go get a bite to eat and relax after our driving ordeal.

We found a wonderful restaurant called Burro and there is indeed a burro in a small cage to the left as you enter. Burro is owned by a Mexican who has, in my opinion, done an excellent job of making a restaurant beautiful, inexpensive and all-inclusive:

Great food at a reasonable price = I had a small burrito with beans rice fish and 2 lemonades, Les had chicken fajitas (big platter) and 2 beers. All for 160 pesos …

There is a garden that is one of the nicest I have seen. Very beautiful cacti – some with exquisite flowers.

There is cheap internet and a TV is for games.

And for the many surfers and families, sunscreen:

Now, I know that Shari and Juan heard a loud generator, but we did not .. it was very peaceful and even grandma/abuelita was visiting the owner that day ...

After lunch we drove out to spend the afternoon with CP and M. and Ola Dulce and Big Woooo. CP and I had agreed to exchange plant cuttings and I was not disappointed !! what a gorgeous house, gorgeous garden and to top it off, one of the most delicious meals we have eaten in a long time !! Problem is, and I swear this, we were so busy yacking and yacking that I took not one picture of all of us together. So NOT like me, I had the camera right there next to me and not one photo…….which simply means we have to go back and visit them again – which is a grand idea to me !!

The evening ended and we went to the hotel. Slept like angels. Woke up late and decided to pay BigWoo and OlaDulce a visit. Got lost the first time, tried another route the second time and were about to give up when BigWoo saw us and came out waving ! His house is in the process of being built and it was interesting for Les to compare what he is doing here at our 2 bedroom rental remodel with what they are doing there. Ideas are always good …. From their house we returned to Burros for breakfast. Again delicious and again I went nuts over the garden. The waiter gave me permission to grab some cuttings and I took many. Soon we shall see if they survive and thrive. The only and I mean only negative thing that I can say about San Juanico, is that in the morning, at Burro restaurant, there were some surfer guys and gals and they looked filthy and acted like they were on drugs. We had heard that surfers come and stay “under the bridge’ for up to a year, just surfing. Which sounds romantic, but the reality we saw is not so pretty. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REFER TO ALL SURFERS, as I love all the surfers that I personally know, but these particular ones were indeed gross and giving surfers a bad rap.

The drive home using the east road thru the mountains towards Mulege will be PART 3.

[Edited on 7-4-2011 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 7-4-2011 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 05:17 PM

forgot to mention that the hotel is off the main drag and on calle la bocana (howz that for a coincidence ???) and a double is only $40 or 450 pesos, and most mportantly, it is HALF A BLOCK FROM THE BEACH !!!!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-3-2011 at 08:21 PM

how was the crowd of campers on the point(s)?

shari
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 07:59 AM

wow, that hotel sure looks nice for that price....wish we'd have known about is as we stayed in the rooms above the little store on the main drag, close to the Burro restaurant that ran their loud generator all night...were there alot of folks camped in the campground? It was totally empty when we were there...kinda odd.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 12:03 PM

Great report Blanca, it looks like Rex had a blast too!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 07:11 PM

lots of campers .... seemed like there were lots of people on the beach.

Shari - the hotel is dog - friendly to boot ... such a treat. and the manager TOM, is really nice too. I told him to get his parents to post on Baja Nomad, we shall see if they do ...

Come visit La Bocana

Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 08:07 PM

Nice photo rep.

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 07:27 AM

thanks. it is always so hard to choose photos, I take soooo many while I try to capture the moments...

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.