Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexican Government Promises Justice for Recent Killings
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 11-24-2011 at 02:27 PM
Mexican Government Promises Justice for Recent Killings

http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...

Nov 24

The Secretary of the Interior, Alejandro Poire, said on Thursday that the federal government will identify and punish those responsible for killing over 40 people in the Mexican states of Jalisco and Sinaloa in the last two days.

Poire also condemned these acts and further recognized that the security task remains huge, during the 26th National Conference of Law Enforcement.

Poire said that coordination between federal, state and local authorities an eradicate crime with lasting results as those achieved in the states of Chihuahua, Baja California and Guerrero.

However, a survey by the Mitofsky consulting company and the Mexico United against Crime organization, released Thursday, found that six out of 10 Mexicans think the government is losing the fight against crime.

Also the 9th National Survey on the Insecurity Perception found that eight out of 10 Mexicans believe that security is worse than a year ago.

The new killings of Jalisco and Sinaloa raise the number of killings over the past five years in Mexico, where the wave of violence has left more than 50,000 dead, 10,000 missing and 120,000 displaced.

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 11-24-2011 at 02:51 PM

Justice is strange in Mexico. A friend of my nephew (Peruvian, not even Mexican) killed another driver when he was drunk driving in Rosarito Beach last month. He was sentenced to 28 years in prison. He was out of prison yesterday after his lawyer paid $10K. Justice?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 11-24-2011 at 03:07 PM

Some judge is going to have a Merry Christmas.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-24-2011 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Justice is strange in Mexico. A friend of my nephew (Peruvian, not even Mexican) killed another driver when he was drunk driving in Rosarito Beach last month. He was sentenced to 28 years in prison. He was out of prison yesterday after his lawyer paid $10K. Justice?

Woooosh are you sure you have the facts right since you are after quoting telling us about this thirdhand.

I find it strange that the drunk driver was arrested and sentenced to 28 years within the same first month! 28 years is an outrageous prison sentence even for a drunk driver! Do you have any other facts surrounding this case?

My guess the drunk was forced to sign one of those false confessions, and he was convicted like other poor Mexicans, but the family lawyer intervened and appealed to the judge over some unfairness of the conviction. But since Wooosh doesn't have any facts about this case except what he heard second, and thirdhand . I guess we'll never know all the facts surrounding this case Wooosh talks about.

Another more likely scenario was the family got a good Mexican lawyer involved and the $10,000 dollars/pesos was the bail, and the case will be in the Mexican courts for years, and it's unlikely the drunk driver will ever see the inside of the prison.

If you have money in Mexico, or the USA for that matter. It's rare you'll do prison time. In the US if you're white and have money. It's very rare you'll do any real prison time.

[Edited on 11-25-2011 by JoeJustJoe]
baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
In the US if you're white and have money. It's very rare you'll do any real prison time.

You'r an IDIOT.
Oddjob
Banned

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja1943
Quote:
In the US if you're white and have money. It's very rare you'll do any real prison time.

You'r an IDIOT.

That's putting it mildly.
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 09:34 AM

Let's go Joe, this was not an authorized day trip out of the OT section.

:lol:
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 09:40 AM

Quote:

..like OJ?

Bob Durrell
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 09:43 AM

no, like Casey Anthony....

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

Woooosh are you sure you have the facts right since you are after quoting telling us about this thirdhand.

I find it strange that the drunk driver was arrested and sentenced to 28 years within the same first month! 28 years is an outrageous prison sentence even for a drunk driver! Do you have any other facts surrounding this case?

My guess the drunk was forced to sign one of those false confessions, and he was convicted like other poor Mexicans, but the family lawyer intervened and appealed to the judge over some unfairness of the conviction. But since Wooosh doesn't have any facts about this case except what he heard second, and thirdhand . I guess we'll never know all the facts surrounding this case Wooosh talks about.

Another more likely scenario was the family got a good Mexican lawyer involved and the $10,000 dollars/pesos was the bail, and the case will be in the Mexican courts for years, and it's unlikely the drunk driver will ever see the inside of the prison.

If you have money in Mexico, or the USA for that matter. It's rare you'll do prison time. In the US if you're white and have money. It's very rare you'll do any real prison time.

I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet. My nephew and a policeman friend both have though. Yeah- it could have been bail. The point is he is out and back at work. I did tell my nephew to call that lawyer if I ever get my butt thrown in a Mexican jail. The cop agreed. I'll let you know what the Peruvian says when I see him next. He's very short and drives a huge truck- maybe his lawyer said he wasn't drunk but just fell off the four phone books he was sitting on to see over the steering wheel.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.