Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Back from Ensenada!
funkynassau
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 07:55 PM
Back from Ensenada!

Well we had a great two weeks house sitting just north of Ensenada, a 7 minute bus ride from downtown. The city is great, the restaurants were terrific, the grocery stores had what we wanted, the streets were mostly clean. The malecon was really nice, the parks were very nice. We didnt find anything to not like!

I guess the only annoying thing is the people who pester you so much in the tourist area to buy whatever they are selling. It gets old in a hurry for me. I get it they are trying to make a buck but some are too aggressive. I didnt care for the beggars with the little kids trying to sell you trinkets or gum, again I get it that they are trying to survive.

The restaurants were soooo good! I loved Mahi Mahi, had the coconut shrimp - yum! Old Mission Brewery has great pizza and beer. Mariscos restaurant had the poorest service of everywhere we went, they were super slow and the food was only ok. Muele Tres on the malecon is terrific. Camelia tea shop on the main drag has awesome tea and muffins. Las Rosas Hotel has great food and the view of the ocean is unparalleled. Buses are really frequent, bus fare is 10 pesos or about 80 cents. We never felt scared or nervous at any point, didnt see any crime or bad stuff going down.

We got a ride from San Diego airport to the house we were sitting, and on the return we got a ride right to our hotel in San Diego, so it could not have been simpler! We crossed at Otay Mesa, our driver had a Sentri pass and we had to walk across. It took 55 minutes in total, it could have been a lot worse!

All in all it was a great trip and we'd go there again.

:yes:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 08:10 PM

Looks like you had a wonderful time in Ensenada. I love going to Ensenada. It has just so much to offer for a mid size city and great places to eat!!

Thanks for posting your trip report.:yes:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 08:40 PM

Sounds like a great 2 weeks.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 09:26 PM

We too like Ensenada ....great trip report and gotta love those sentri passes.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
funkynassau
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2011 at 07:55 AM

Wow, thanks for finding my post. I didnt see it and I did a Search too...

Yes we had a great time there, it's a lovely city.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2011 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by funkynassau
Wow, thanks for finding my post. I didnt see it and I did a Search too...

Yes we had a great time there, it's a lovely city.

Hey funk... it's best to click on "Today's Posts" after you sign on each day. It's located at the top of the page. You can find all recent activity there every time.

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.