Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: THE RISING SUN
vseasport
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 09:54 AM
THE RISING SUN

The rising sun

This week the East Cape has experienced more calm days with warmer weather than in the past several weeks. With the break in weather private boaters fishing in shore have been getting some early morning action. Sierra, white bonito, roosterfish, jack cravell and even a few small dorado have been busting large schools of sardines up and down Buena Vista beaches.

Humpback whales with their calfs and huge schools of mobula manta rays have also arrived and can be seen putting on a show from shore.

Most of our local resorts have closed for the winter and only one or two charter boats have been fishing daily. Traveling long distances and fishing off shore has not paid off. The best action has remained near shore.

The Sea of Cortez is one of the most magnificent bodies of water on this planet. I have posted a few random photos of the sunrise I wake up to every morning. Looking out my window it is impossible to wake up without a happy face.

I am reminded of one of my all time favorite movies "Groundhog Day" staring Bill Murry. In the movie Murry wakes up every morning to his alarm clock with Sonny and Cher singing "I Got You Babe". He experiences groundhog day, day after day after day. Every Groundhog Day it is always a treat to watch the movie.

Bill Murry got "You Babe", I get a much better deal with these sunrises every morning.

Slept in this morning and caught this before even getting out of bed.

Captured this image the other morning from our front porch of a mother humpback with her calf. The pup appears to be very young. It was a priceless sight.

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
US cell 310 308 5841
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 09:59 AM

you are a lucky man, Charlie Brown.....

schwlind
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 10:08 AM

WOW! Great shots!

Linda
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 11:45 AM

Beautiful!

Do you ever feel like you're ditching geometry class? I have that feeling once in a while, that life is sooo cool that I'm going to get caught and given detention. Looks like you could have that feeling most days.

Good for you!
vseasport
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
Beautiful!

Do you ever feel like you're ditching geometry class? I have that feeling once in a while, that life is sooo cool that I'm going to get caught and given detention. Looks like you could have that feeling most days.

Good for you!

The question I ask myself often is what did I do to deserve this?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 01:58 PM

veaseasport, Thanks for the pictures.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 03:37 PM

I really like all your photos but the second one are what dreams are about. Thanks.

[Edited on 1-21-2012 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 10:11 PM

Phenominal photos, thanks so much for sharing!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.