BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Last Baja Circuit Trip until ...
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 08:23 AM
Last Baja Circuit Trip until ...

... not sure when.

Hello everyone,

Sometimes life moves very quickly. Such have been the past four weeks. Due to my mothers suddenly declining health, on April 30, I am relocating to northern Florida to care for her. Im not fond of Florida (I like my SoCal & Baja climate; even our 107 degrees today) --- but I know this is the right thing to do, to be with family. I'm going to miss Baja. It's where I go to find peace & solitude, no matter where a road takes me.

On Sunday, April 22. I am starting one final Baja circuit trip (almost the same as 1993), doing some primitive camping, and hopefully some hiking and exploring, some of it again in the San Pedro Martir Parque Nacional at 9,000' elevation --- all prior to some major oral/jawbone surgery in Rosarito Beach where Ill be for my last few daya in Mexico; then; returning to Palm Springs on the 28th. Yes, its a very full 3 weeks.

Palm Springs is for one day of final packing, heading out on a "slow" drive to the east coast the following morning, stopping to see friends and former wife along the way. But not before stopping on the USA side of Mexicali & Algodones to stock up on Kahlua and medications via pedestrian crossing. Then stay OFF the interstates as much as possible and see some of America for a change.

It's been fun being a part of this community and I thank everyone for welcoming me in here at in person. From here, I'll have to participate vicariously from afar.

For your amusement, I've attached my two itinerary maps (both trips are low-budget, camping adventures):

(1) one last Baja circuit (clockwise), Sunday, April 22 - Saturday, April 28: my poor, tired little Volkswagen Jetta has been a faithful car --- see friends, drive the new pavement on the Gonzaga road; and about 30 miles of the old dirt road up to Mx Hwy. 1
(2) my cross-country off-Interstate sojourn to see a slice of America on my may to care for my mom in Florida

[Edited on 2012-4-22 by bryanmckenzie]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
-Mark Twain
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910)
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 08:34 AM

say hi to Mom for all of us here. Mom's are the best!

elbeau
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 08:38 AM

Best wishes for you mother Bryan. looks like a great Baja trip.
nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 09:18 AM

Moms always come first!!!!!!!!!!1
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 10:07 AM

You'll be back, Bryan. Stay in touch.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 11:18 AM

Baja Nomad will be a way for you to stay in touch with Baja, no matter where in the world wide web you are!

In Florida, you will be noted for the many Baja stickers on your car!

Looking forward to your next trip report, as always! Best wishes to your mom!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2012 at 08:21 AM

Moms come first. Make it a fun trip across the US, lots of nic places along the way.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.