Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 2 Dead off coast of San Quintin
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-1-2012 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
gotta go with david on this one for sure! lets learn more about paul watson.
http://seashepherdlies.com/

That's some link, Willard!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 09:11 AM

dtbushpilot

I have to agree, just because you have a position on a topic does not give one the right to violate the law to make their point. Other folks have different strokes, so some like whale meat others don't.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 12:18 PM

that said, if they keep doing shows like Tuna Wranglers where they replicate the tuna pens in baja only the show is based in Australia there won't be any tuna left in the sea in a generation.

there needs to be a sensible limit. processor ships which hardly ever stop plying the seas are not the answer.

read it and weep: http://gizmodo.com/5845939/the-worlds-largest-floating-fish-...

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 02:59 PM

Paul Watson has the biggest cajones ever and I respect him for that..funding comes from thousands of people who donate to "his agenda" which happens to be stopping environmental disasters from occurring...species being decimated ...stuff like that. I couldn't believe they actually put his campaigns on tv for the general public to witness. Believe me amigos, Paul couldnt give a crap about the tv show..he has been an effective activist waaaaay before he was a tv star....but I bet donations have increased now that his plights are "mainstream"...Go Paul Go

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 03:42 PM

I felt like I was sticking my neck out on BN when I suggested Paul Watson has a legitimate role....and some folks replied with the usual "he's a nut job" and "wrong".

Then a few stood up to the plate and recognized some value in his role.

"Desperate times call for desperate action" type of thinking has a place here.

Let's set up a context:

1) When BN's hear of some form of actual or perceived injustice, there is often a flurry of chest-pounding (i.e. venting or mental masturbation) as to what type of weapons and ordinance they would use to resolve the problem....(e.g. A guy steals a gringo's boat so he should be shot or blown up). Most of those folks are blowing it out their burros as I doubt many of them would really pull the trigger....and those who would pull the trigger would either have previous experience with killing (law enforcement or military) and all the psychological trauma that usually goes with such events, or would be psychopaths who just have no conscience or moral compass.

2) When an injustice occurs, one needs to determine the impact of that on them and what options they have to respond.
An initial emotional reaction is often tempered by some logic kicking in sooner or later. Once the mental dust settles, a person is left with several options for a response...and they will act on one of them to one degree or another.

Paul Watson is fiercely dedicated to the cause of stopping species extinction and corporate rape of the environment. He puts his actions where his mouth is....

He is fighting a war....and all seems to be fair in love and war.

He isn't hiding behind unmanned drones....he puts his own burro out there.

He IS invading the enemy's territory.....kinda like the Navy Seals snuffing Bin Laden .....(which is coloring outside the lines....but effective).

One might say that Paul is protecting his property that others are stealing.... he is attempting to stand up for some biological preservation....which we all deserve as individuals and a small blue planet.

You may not like his methods, but as one BN says:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing";

Or as another says:

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm........George Orwell

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it "

Just sayin'...

Don't believe everything you think....
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 03:54 PM

Very nice post, motoged. :yes:

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 09:12 PM

Ged, I didn't get any of it after "mental masturbation":lol::lol::lol:

Actually well thought out and articulated, good food for thought, thanks.....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2012 at 11:41 PM

I dunno... this thread was originally about (sadly) a couple of helicopter pilots dying near San Quintin. My guess is that they were spotting for tuna for the pens near Ensenada and then Watson was dragged in for no good reason. It is not like they are breeding these tuna vis-a-vis your Mt Whitney trout farms. They find them, shove them in there, fatten them up, and sell them. In the meantime they trash all the local bait fish and in the process kill the ocean floor beneath the pens.

Watson may be an extremist in his field but to label anyone who supports sound fishing practices as an "whacko" is idiocy.

Apples and oranges here folks.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2012 at 06:00 PM

Looks like another tuna fishing vessel lost another plane near La Bufadora.

http://www.afntijuana.info/seguridad/11195_reportan_avioneta...

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2012 at 07:01 PM

I'm fairly ignorant about this whole penned tuna commercialization thing. But have some basic strong feeling. ? I most of these pen raised tuna are going to Japan why don't they do it over there?
? Maybe because they've wipe out their resources? Now they want ours:?:

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2012 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
I'm confused. What is funny about 2 deaths?

It's because their fishing line got caught in the propeller and stalled the helicopter.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.