BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: east cape and around
pacocruz

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 05:29 PM
east cape and around

Flew down to cabo, rented a car, and hit the cape! 6 days tooling around all of the southern tip of BCS. Awesome friendly people all along the way, talked with a lot of locals and a few other travelers.

Photo album here:

http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg535/99pb99/southern%20...

Camped out along the east cape, heading up to Barriles. Then back down the valley, into the cities, and then up to Todos Santos for a couple of nights. Awesome. !Viva Mexico!

Got in some quality remote beach time on the cape and also hit up Medano and Chileno beaches in town. Party boats of snorklers coming into Chileno. Cerritos had some good waves, also stopped to cool off at Pescadero, Palmas, and north of Todos a bit.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 06:37 PM

NIce of you to post this, pacocruz.
I did the same thing six weeks ago. UNBELIEVABLE time!
Stayed at the MAR DE CORTEZ hotel in Cabo, very friendly Nomad pricing.

It was steps from Cabo Wabo, and a block from the Marina.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

pacocruz

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 07:34 PM

I got some good info from the boards first, thanks. Pretty tranquilo on the east cape. Some construction going on. Zac's and Fortunas restaurants are closed for the moment, Crossroads has a lot of construction going on but stopped there for my most expensive meal of the trip. It was fine, the bartender is a good cook. What a great thing for the gobierno to put in those palapas.

[Edited on 8-25-2012 by pacocruz]
pacocruz

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 07:38 PM

fresh water lagoon! didn't expect to see that.

[Edited on 8-25-2012 by pacocruz]
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 8-7-2012 at 08:31 PM

Nice!

No worries
scouse
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2012 at 07:52 PM

Always do the East Cape loop, even if it's just to get out of the mad house that is Cabo. We stay in the resort at Cabo Pulmo couple of nights just to unwind.

This time we're flying down and renting a car and we'll do it once more.

Killer photos Paco, make me want to go now. Never seen water in the lagoon, then we go down in November when it's been sucked dry.

You are who you pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut jnr
scouse
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 06:17 PM

Couple of photos from the Cape and Cabo Pulmo.

We stayed in this casita at the resort for a few nights.

Great beach to walk on, friends drove down to one end of the park with me while I dropped my ride off there. Then we walked down from the top end back to it.. Good day out.

Looking into these waves is like looking at an aquarium, just need to se a pelican flash by.

Cactus flowers, Choya, I believe?

[Edited on 8-24-2012 by scouse]

Kurt Vonnegut jnr
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 06:30 PM
pococruz

HOLA, is that lagoon the sanjose lagoon (estero) ??? just wondering as there is also la laguna to the east !!! K&T:cool: and welcome to the sandbox (shari)
scouse
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 07:02 PM

I thought the rail on the left looked odd. :)

There is a seasonal lagoon on the east cape but as I say It's usually dried up by the time we get there.

Kurt Vonnegut jnr
scouse
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
TOO MUCH CODE in the photo url... remove everything between .JPG and [/IMG] here you go:

Got it...now! :) Thanks David

Kurt Vonnegut jnr
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-23-2012 at 09:15 PM

De Nada... when you u2u'd me, I thought you were the one who posted the way too big photos above... not!

That was pacocruz... >>> please see the many posts on how to first reset your upload options so your photos do not exceed 800 pixels in width, which is the max. Nomad size. It makes reading and seeing your entire photos easy, without scrolling off to the right.

Thanks and welcome to Baja Nomad!

Someday, Doug promises to have automatic image resizing ability here!

UNTIL THEN, HERE IS HOW TO POST PHOTOS CORRECTLY:

You can put pictures on Nomad from any other site using the IMG tags on each side of the image url [img] and [/img]. The photo hosting site will usually provide you with a link for direct posting on forums.

HERE is my Photobucket how to:

For Nomads who have been posting too big photos on Nomad... Doug has asked (and those with standard 15" monitors appreciate) to limit the pixel width to a max. of 800.

The sizing is done when you upload photos TO Photobucket from your PC. So, if you didn't do that already... and they are at the full size setting, they will stretch the Nomad pages wide (on normal monitors).

How to resize them with Photobucket, on your album page:

1) Click the red button 'UPLOAD' at the top of the Photobucket page.

2) At the top of the Upload box that appears, see (in small blue text): 'Customize your upload options', and click that.

3) Choose a reduced size. 640x480 is nice for most photos. I usually only go to the 800x600 size for maps for max. detail on Nomad.

4) At the bottom, click 'SAVE'! Thats it!!!

Now, until you change that setting, all photos will be uploaded to Photobucket at whatever reduced size you picked!

To post your photos on Nomad, use your mouse and copy the link called 'IMG Code', below the photo you want to show... and paste it onto Nomad where you type in your text... You can post several photos at a time, but I suggest not more than a dozen, and double space between each phot link. Specially if you add some captions under each photo.

[Edited on 8-24-2012 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pacocruz

[*] posted on 8-24-2012 at 10:36 PM

Sorry to fake you guys out. The lagoon in the picture is the one at Todos Santos on the "west cape."
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 06:14 PM

scouse - welcome to baja nomad

your photos are just gorgeous ..... loved the one with the fish in the wave !

and I dont think I had seen that red cholla flower either.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
scouse
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 08:11 PM

Thanks for the welcome Blanca and Les. Been lurking for a while though it was time to say hi!

I like to play with the camera and I've posted a couple more photos around. I like the fish in the wave as well, sat there for the longest time just watching them.

Like the look of your B&B, next time we drive down we'll have to stop in and say hello.

Ken

Kurt Vonnegut jnr

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.