Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HUGE WSB in San Quintin
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 9-12-2012 at 05:57 PM
HUGE WSB in San Quintin

Going Friday to take a shot at some WSB. If you are rolling thru during the week some of the best skippers are available for hire.

Pacific side is on fire from La Bocana to the border.

saludos y tight lines
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-12-2012 at 06:12 PM

Awaiting pics of your trip..Good luck, rip some lips!!

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 08:01 AM

Towed the Grady down Friday after work. Smooth sailing, just takes longer towing. Mi vato Mike riding shotgun for his first adventure past the La Bufadora turn off.

Hit Tito's around 11pm, greeted by Lola as she was leaving the bar.... nice welcoming committee.

Tito is our skipper for Saturday, very foggy Saturday. Having the radar is nice. Discovered fog and eisenglass don't mix. Removed the glass. It was really nice all weekend driving inshore with the breeze in my face and the ability to see.

skipped bait.

fished up and down the beach from arroyo onda to pabellon. We got into the fish around noon. Tito farmed a nice fish, I got a nice wsb. We had several large toads just swimming around the boat checking us out. I think a yak in the water with a flylined mac would have been deadly.
Tito got a smaller fish later.

Worked the fish with Tom and Danny. They have a sweet center console grady.

Hammered assorted fished bycatches including a nice ling cod that would become dinner.

Listened to all the other boats hammering limits of nice tuna very close.

Got to the ramp at low tide. Put the trailer in the little ramp and watched it go crooked on the starboard side. Put the boat on, but couldn't get the trailer over the rocks.

Kelly's boys came down to help me out along with Albert(tiburons)'s son Chiflo. They told me they woudl assit pull my truck or I should use the concrete ramp. I elected the concrete ramp to avoid damaging the trailer.

One of Kelly's sons, I can't remember which one, walked don the ramp and showed me where to back down to to avoid the drop off. Chiflo waited to assit if necessary. Got the boat on the trailer, but forgot to lock the hubs so I spun the tires. Tito lowered mottor and pushed me out.

This is why San Quintin is so great. These boys stopped workingto help me out. They are so polite and gracious. Juan hooked me up with Tito, Albert and Kelly's sons help me with the trailer and this is all done without blinking an eye.

Saludos to all the operators at San Quintin.

Sunday went out with Pedro. Young kid still needs time learning the SQ waters. HE skippered Tom and Danny's grady and did very well, but the fog was really bad on Sunday. When the fog is bad it is hard to see the birds and the bait. Pedro worked very hard to find the wsb, but we didn't find any. We did catch assorted fish and saw a spot of YT bounce and other pangas got some nice YT and WSB Sunday.

Packed up and hit the road. Got to the border around 930pm. Border was awful. towing the border is even worse. People say go to Tecate, but I have yet to try it.

So I have concluded it is not worth taking my boat to San Quintin. I think with all the great skippers and the upgrades to all the new boats in San Quintin, it is really better to not take my boat and use what is there.

[Edited on 9-19-2012 by aguachico]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 08:07 AM

Nice!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 07:45 PM

Second that!
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 11:16 PM
wsb /ghost

were catching the from 30 to 60 lbers in monterey bay !!! since the april 30th...K&T:cool:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.