Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sierra returning
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2012 at 05:47 PM
Sierra returning

I can never remember when the sierra return. Some friends delivered our dinner this afternoon, one fat sierra, the first of the season.

My wife cooks the best fish and chips with sierra the world has ever known and we just finished it. That's a very smiley first of the season fiesta.

I plan to catch my limit many many times in the next few months for more tasty dinners just like it.

[Edited on 10-11-2012 by Osprey]
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 10-10-2012 at 07:41 PM

The amazing part of this fisher extrodinaire (sp?) is that he catches all of these fish with a cane pole, kite string, and a safety pin, simply incredible.:P He also limps and stutters.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-10-2012 at 07:58 PM

i've heard thru the tortilla telegraph that his secret to catching so much fish is the nervous tick that overcomes him as soon as the first line goes in the water.

some things you can't teach and some things the fish just can't resist!

:cool:

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2012 at 11:51 PM

Just back from Gonzaga Bay the Sierra were crashing the surface everywhere. We caught a nice fattie near dusk and bled it and put it on ice right away........a bit later we had Sierra sashimi and it was stunning!!!!! What a great fish! Tacos...ceviche...sashimi...fish and chips.........and a blast to catch.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 05:10 AM

yu yu y guys beter beter whatchit!
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 05:50 AM

Just got back from the 3rd Annual TBR...sierra crashing bait balls in the bay...lighthouse point...and south of Punta Final....put total of 7 in the boat...missed another 5 or 6...two boats over a few days.....great grilled also got a bunch of trigger and a couple of yellowtail
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 11:07 AM

Floater, there's a saying "Never was a horse couldn't be rode, never was a man couldn't be throwed". My way of saying "You can't catch em all" but I think if I ever did lose a fish, I would try to be a good sport about it, just laugh it off and try again. I think about that a lot, about that day and I kind of practice what my attitude should be, how I should just smile and hold my head up.

How do you handle it?
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 11:13 AM

You lost me, Osprey:?: How I handle what?? The fact you are catching fish and I am catching cold??

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.