Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tecate to Todos Santos....Sea of Green in El Sur
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 02:35 PM
Tecate to Todos Santos....Sea of Green in El Sur

Easy crossing down to Ensenada; green light and no cops! Gas was 10.7 (10.3 south) per L so was a big savings. As usual, lots of traffic but easy going thru Ensenada and Maneadero. Nice rooms in El Rosario at El Turista $300p. Baja Cactus full up/reserved for Moto group so make reservations or check Turista! New rooms, firm bed, & TV. Nice weather and light traffic down the mid Peninsula and tacos at El Poblano in GN! No construction and good road conditions in gneral. Pre Runners beginning to show for Mil. It first starts to get green out past San Ignacio and the mountains are drapped in green with yellow flowers. I was still waiting for the butterfly swarms and out past Santa Rosalia they appeared from the total lushness of the area. From this point south you get the idea of the amounts of rain that has fallen. A Sea of Green. Roads are clear altho some rocks remain along the sides. Mulege - A/C room at Cuesta Real ($400p) was nice and it was cool enough for sweatshirts in the a.m. No other travelers? Watched the Baseball playoffs at Scotty's El Candil with Fish and Chips and frosty Pacifico!! Again, easy drive on mostly new sections of hwy and bridges into La Paz. Five hours and no cop showdowns in C Constitution. Big pot holes entering La Paz, cuidado. Lots of water puddles, dirt, and other evidence of rains. Careful entering Todos Santos as they are building a big bridge as part of the new by-pass around TS. The road off the hwy west to my house and the beach is very sandy with 6ft high weeds filling the landscape. The road into my place is now a narrow single file passage. God I love my gardner when I arrive home; the gate swung open and Lalo had cleared the growth completely around my casa. And his wife Blanca had cleaned the house! Life is good, verdad. He looks great in his new Hawaiian shirt and she with new blouse. Now if I can just get them to come out and turn on the electricity, ha, ha! Bienvenidos, Amigos. Drive safely. :bounce::coolup: Tio

[Edited on 10-11-2012 by tiotomasbcs]
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 04:47 PM

glad you had an uneventful trip back home TioT...we missed you here this summer! Now to dust off your stick eh!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 08:17 PM

Cant wait to see it in about a week!

I know when and where to find you.

No worries
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 09:13 PM

Hola Tio, Tell Selena and Beni I'm stopping in for fish and shrimp tacos first thing when I come back from Nicaragua at the end of the month. I'm starting to get tired of white rice and tostones, but the langosta's okay.
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2012 at 06:46 AM

Good to hear everything is ok. Will try calling you the Sat. am. Hi to Rio! We plan to be down right after thanksgiving. ST said he caught 9 dorados. You should stop by to get a couple.

Dorado Don
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-12-2012 at 10:40 AM

we'll be in the hood starting Sat.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.