Border to BOLA and might answer your questions

Post coming soon.

[Edited on 4-16-2013 by Wiles]

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2013 at 07:39 PM

Hello Wiles,

Makes my heart happy to see you in Bahia again. It would make my heart even happier if one day we can be there at the same time. I hope you enjoyed your time there. I love all of your photos. Thank you for sharing.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 11:24 AM

Arriving at the border and loading up on Pesos.

The old Port of Entry, now closed. Notice the arrow indicating a right turn.

And onto the temporary access road leading to the new POE El Chaparral.

Nice signage. If you already have your FMM you will turn left and through the adauna lanes. If you need to get your FMM continue straight ahead into the parking lot behind the fence.

Walk through the first building and exit. Immediately turn right and bingo, you are here.

In and out in five minutes. Very nice english speaking gentleman issued us the FMM's. We were able to pay right on the spot. I did ask him several times concerning multiple entries using the same FMM. Always got the same answer 'It's good for 180 days, for one trip' and then he gave us a big smile. Yeah, that answered it.

Also, you might of noticed our friends pull an open trailer behind their 4Runner. They had a refrigerator and several tubs full of housewares. They told the inspectors it was for their house and he just waved them through, no fees.

Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 11:38 AM

Nice clean room and beautiful gardens. $35US, 380P

On to the Old Mill for a sunset dinner

Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 11:48 AM

Next morning on to points south. Military checkpoint.

Fuel and pit stop at the El Rosario Pemex. Guess who I bumped into? Antonio himself, owner of the Pemex and adjoining Baja Cactus Motel.

The newly refurbished banos which are quite nice, clean and modern.

There you have it.
Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 11:55 AM

The long and winding road.

A stop at the Catavina Rock Art Cave.

It's been awhile since my last visit here.

Hurray!! We have arrived.

That's more than enough pics for one thread. I will continue this afternoon with a new one.....The adventure continues.
Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Hello Wiles,

Makes my heart happy to see you in Bahia again. It would make my heart even happier if one day we can be there at the same time. I hope you enjoyed your time there. I love all of your photos. Thank you for sharing.

P>*)))>{

Aw shucks Paulina, you are too kind. Sorry but we didn't stop by your place as I wanted to take a pic for you. We did boat by and drove close by on our way to Las Flores.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 12:17 PM

Thank you Wiles!

You get an A+ for sizing your photos, too! :light:

Thank you for the photo of our Nomad amigo Antonio 'BajaCactus', in El Rosario. It has been a long time since we last saw him there.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 12:43 PM

Thanks wiles, you are making me wish my trip was earlier than end of may.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.