Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Christmas Trip Report!
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 11:53 AM
Christmas Trip Report!

Todd and I had a wonderful trip down to Asuncion this Christmas! We flew into San Diego on December 26, 2013 at about 11:30 am and rented a car from California Baja, Rent-A-Car. They were great! They also allow you to take your car all the way down to Cabo if you desire. The taxi ride from the airport to their office was around $40-$45. If you want details on them just let me know.

We got our car, jumped in and off to the border we went. (another plug for California Baja, they are minutes away from the border). We spent the night in Colonia Vicente Guerrero at La Mision. Great price, clean rooms, and a restaurant next door.

The next morning we continued on our way, made a side stop in Catavina. If you have never done the cave paintings there, they are a must do. Very easy to find, and worth the climb to see them. I now am on a quest to see all the cave paintings in Baja.

Most of our time was spent on the beach, relaxing!

Todd did go snorkeling with the sea lions. It is something we do every trip and it never ever gets old.

There was of course diving done!

Todd also did a discover scuba dive with Sirena, she did great, and Todd hopes to certify her next time we are down.

Todd did find his go-pro that he lost in October, once he gets his video off of from the first re-breather dive done in Asuncion, I will post those pictures as well.

We sadly already miss our home, and are counting the days down till we are back once again.

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by Bajagypsy]

[Edited on 1-8-2014 by Bajagypsy]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 12:11 PM

Sweet!

Many of the cave paintings are easy to get to... there are posts here on Nomad about the ones you can drive to or near to. Most of the giant art sites require a guide and mule ride. There is one that doesn't. u2u for details.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 12:13 PM

Thanx David, I totally will. I'm addicted now! I do want to do a mule ride one, think that would be awesome!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 01:22 PM

It's nice to see these pictures. We enjoyed sitting by the fire next to you at New Years. Remember how nice and warm it was down there just a week ago?

Alex and I found those paintings quite by accident about 12 years ago. There was no guide or tour back then. We just climbed up that bluff thinking it would be a nice place to rest. Then we leaned back and there they were, right behind us. Two years later we drove down and the signs were up encouraging visitors. I'm not sure what they're charging.

The seal dive looks like fun. Alex would have liked that.

Remember when I told you guys that I thought bajagypsy and bajaboy were married? Put foot into my mouth with that one, didn't I?

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by Skipjack Joe]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 01:23 PM

It was a real pleasure to meet both of you. here in BA last week!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 05:40 PM

Very cool that Todd found his Go Pro! Where did he find it?

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 05:51 PM

Skipjack, it was good to sit around the fire with you, and bring in the new year!
Udo it was great to meet you as well!
Pacifico, he found it under a rock, by where he thought he lost it! Can't wait to see the pictures from it!

Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 11:46 PM

Great photos, and it looks like you had a great trip!
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2014 at 09:56 AM

We had a wonderful trip! It is so cold here (-45 with the wind) that I'm wishing I was back there now!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2014 at 10:07 AM

Sounds like you gad a wonderful trip! Good tips on the car rental.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2014 at 02:55 PM

BajaBlanca, I was so impressed with the rental company. They are very well informed, and you can also rent things like coolers, car seats, gps's from them as well.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-8-2014 at 03:02 PM

Thank you so much for the great underwater photos! Had a great time admiring them...and also showing to some youngsters here.

Makes me anxious to get back to snorkeling/diving and take some photos myself after a too-long sojourn. Looking forward to your other pics from that found Go Pro.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.