BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pemex Stations ~ Honest (mostly)?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 06:57 AM
Pemex Stations ~ Honest (mostly)?

Here are 3 I know of:
San Quitin ~ Los Pinos
El Rasario ~ by the Cactus Motel
Santa Rosalia ~ Southern most on the water side.
Please add yours

[Edited on 3-22-2014 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 08:15 AM

In Loreto the station on the corner of Padre Kino and Independenca is known to be good and the new station on Benito Juarez seems to be good as well.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 08:48 AM

I'm sure there is an easy answer but, unless I have a completely empty tank and fill it, how do I know. I guess I could take a gas can but I typically just estimate how much I need. For example the motorhome gets about 10mpg. If I go 400 miles I estimate I need 40 gals or approx. 160 liters (I don't do an exact calculation.) Gas is currently selling at 12.5pesos/liter so I'll just ask for 2000 pesos worth. There have been times ie Loreto that I felt I was shorted (by the gas tank reading.) If I feel I got shorted I don't go back to that particular Pemex.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 08:54 AM

I have a 5 gal. container that is also clearly marked in liters..as in 20 liters. Easy enough to check any Pemex for honesty. I did get a accurate measure at the downtown Pemex in Mulege. Not as good on the highway one.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 09:02 AM

When? I don't know anyone that feels either station is even close to honest in Mulege.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I have a 5 gal. container that is also clearly marked in liters..as in 20 liters. Easy enough to check any Pemex for honesty. I did get a accurate measure at the downtown Pemex in Mulege. Not as good on the highway one.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 09:16 AM
Honest Gas Stations

I treat the local gas stations like I treat the Taco Stands. If there are a whole lot of locals stopping there I assume its Good or in the case of Gas stations Honest. :yes::yes:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 09:38 AM

Since October I've made 4 trips to Baja and I've had two 5 gallon gas cans clearly marked as Pompano says and I've had them put in 20 liters each and the pump said 40 liters for the two. Thats at 4 different PEMEX stations. I only remember two and they are the first one on the north side of San Felipe going into town by zoo road and Baja Cactus in El Rosario.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 09:56 AM

Interesting. I moved from Mulege about a year ago so wasn't going to comment. However, one year ago I frequented the Mx1 Mulege Pemex a couple of times a week because I was running a motorhome generator that was gobbling gas. The motorhome was parked south on the beach and it was easier for me to take a gas can in the car than to drive the motorhome into town. The prior owner of our palapa had left a Canadian gas can that was in liters so it was easy to see if I was getting shorted. At that time (I have no idea how it is today) those pumps were accurate. (I will say that a few months earlier several (not all) of those pumps were taped off and the rumor was that they were closed off due to pumping short.)
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 10:04 AM

I don't think you guys know what a gallon is verses a liter...

and how much your tank holds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYEtyjVnPY

I was just in California and I cant get as much gas in the tank there as I can in texas or new mexico...

if you are being cheated...prove it...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
I treat the local gas stations like I treat the Taco Stands. If there are a whole lot of locals stopping there I assume its Good or in the case of Gas stations Honest. :yes::yes:
yup, look for a line of taxis!:yes:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 10:07 AM

Whatever happened to the CUALLI/CUALI classification that was supposed to say that particular station has met the high standards that PEMEX is so proud of? They still have the big signs at those stations.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.

For sure the best way. The locals always know where the best deal is.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 01:52 PM

Bob and Susan rules. :)

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
I don't think you guys know what a gallon is verses a liter...

and how much your tank holds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYEtyjVnPY

I was just in California and I cant get as much gas in the tank there as I can in texas or new mexico...

if you are being cheated...prove it...

BUT BUT It goes out faster than it goes in....

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 09:32 PM

Filled two 5 gal cans today at the downtown Mulege Pemix today,and 3 days ago at the south side station. 20 liters in each all times took it over the 5 gal mark.
Note that square cans cannot be trusted as completely accurate when filled due to sides bulging and showing less than actual.
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 10:38 AM

From multiple friends living there: several stations in Ensenada are now refusing to fill bidones. Hmmmmm...
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
The prior owner of our palapa had left a Canadian gas can that was in liters so it was easy to see if I was getting shorted.

..but there are 35.195 US ounces in a Canadian liter and 4.5468 liters in a Canadian (Imperial) gallon = 160 ounces

..and there are 33.814 ounces in a US/MX liter and 3.7854 liters in a US gallon = 128 ounces

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Whatever happened to the CUALLI/CUALI classification that was supposed to say that particular station has met the high standards that PEMEX is so proud of? They still have the big signs at those stations.

actually each PEMX franchisee pays for the signs :lol:

Bob Durrell

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.