BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: African Pompano – A real bonus the past few weeks.
bajainfo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2014 at 11:10 AM
African Pompano – A real bonus the past few weeks.

Rancho Leonero Resort, East Cape BCS, Mexico
A report right from the source:
The week of March 29-April 4, 2014

Water - 73-77 warmer than normal. Beautiful mornings with some afternoon winds for the last couple of days; very mixed this week.

Air - Pleasant with cool mornings and evenings, highs in the low 80s. Although cooler than last week, it's still very nice!

The Environment:

Water temperatures from73 to 77 degrees are somewhat warmer than usual. Air temperature highs were in the low-80s. Mild afternoon winds.

The Bottom Line:

About an 8 on a '1-10' scale!

Marlin – Stripers are aggressive for anglers targeting them. Multiple releases have been common; one Rancho Leonero guest released 6 striped marlin in two days.

Dorado – Bite very consistent, though not wide open. They’re right in front of the hotel … feisty scrappers, in the 10-pound range.

African Pompano – A real bonus the past few weeks. These are in the 15-pound range and pull like freight trains. Test your tackle, knots and willpower!

Pargo and More: Good to very good bottom fishing, with some quality pargo being taken right off our docks.

Baja and Beyond
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2014 at 11:22 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 06:59 AM

Great report Bajainfo, thanks.:light:
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 07:46 AM

I will admit that I was wondering what kind of photo that Roger had posted. :spingrin: JH
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamedic
I will admit that I was wondering what kind of photo that Roger had posted. :spingrin: JH

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Has Roger been to Africa??
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaParrothead
Quote:
Originally posted by bajamedic

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Has Roger been to Africa??

And back! East Africa...Zimbabwe. Take digital cameras....and lots of insect repellant...I mean lots.

Comment to the OP...looks like great fishing at one of Baja Surs finest fishing resorts, Rancho Leonero. Kudos and thanks!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 04:41 AM

Nice pics, looks fun

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 11:46 AM

Very nice pictures! Looks like early warm water is producing some good fishing. Pompano are tasty, right?! Pargo looks delicioso. Gracias, Amigo. Tio

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.