Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Shell Island June 6-12 2014
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 11:48 AM

For that matter goat, salt flats everywhere in Baja... (flats, not marshes) that get a coating of sea water a few times a year but not daily (to create the salt)... why are they not all underwater daily???

You are quick to believe a government employee (who has a motive to remain in his position), but not your own eyes at all these salt flats?

They should all have become marshes (daily tidal flooding), or lagoons (annual or multi-month flooding) if the sea levels have risen so dangerously much.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
How is it that you cannot believe your own eyes?

My eyes tell me that the earth is flat. It must be so.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by danaeb  

You need to go on Google Earth then! :light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:12 PM

Ohhh heavens no. The google earth people are scientists and google earth is supported by government satellites. Its probably not real since you can not touch or feel it. Government just feeding us made up images.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Ohhh heavens no. The google earth people are scientists and google earth is supported by government satellites. Its probably not real since you can not touch or feel it. Government just feeding us made up images.

the initial internet (arpanet) was developed by government-funded scientists. al gore was one of the politicians that promoted legislation to expand arpanet. if it weren't for politicians like nerdy al gore and government funded scientists, dk would have no google earth or baja nomad :lol::lol::lol:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:43 PM

+10

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 06:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

the initial internet (arpanet) was developed by government-funded scientists. al gore was one of the politicians that promoted legislation to expand arpanet. if it weren't for politicians like nerdy al gore and government funded scientists, dk would have no google earth or baja nomad :lol::lol::lol:

Nature would have taken care of it...somehow.:(
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 06:14 PM

Ralph and goat, better get a room!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 06:25 PM

Ralph and goat, better get a room!

Don't go there DK. unless you can take the heat.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2016 at 04:53 PM
Marinazul again

Marinazul Golf & Resort
Developed by Inveranate Crecentia,SA DE CV
Got curious after doing the Percebu poker run to see where we were driving compared to the new marina. The answer is we were somewhat north of the development parcel and closer to Percebu. I also noted that David’s coords for shell island pretty much land on the entrance to the marina at N30 46.3
Location on IGENI H11B57 With an image date of June 1993

Next topo map south H11B67

Next I found these images on the web locating the marina

AND

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2016 at 05:27 PM

That bottom map is off... they have the circle from the south edge of Bahia Santa Maria to Nuevo Mazatlan. The project is north and west of Bahia Santa Maria bay.

Building a marina on a salt flat that the next chubasco washes out will be waste of money, I believe.

Yes, the marina breakwater is about where the fish camp and road onto the island is located.

That breakwater will stop the natural movement of sand down the coast. It will clog the entrance (as in what happened at the La Salina marina near La Mision and at the Escalera Nautica marina at Santa Rosalillita.

I see no good coming to this project... wrong location... and after destroying the natural ecosystem between Laguna Percebu and Bahia Santa Maria, it will be abandoned. It will be even worse than what they did to Puerto Escondido, south of Loreto.

I am so fortunate to have enjoyed Shell Island from my first time on it in the 1960's when we drove it in our Wagoneer to Percebu, camping on it from 1978 to last July... maybe my last time, but I hope not!?

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2016 at 08:45 PM

Shell Beach:cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CortezBlue  
Shell Beach:cool:

Yes, that's where Russ sends us those great sunrise photos from! It is next to Punta Chivato... but why have two places on the peninsula with the same name when there is another option?

Anyway, the Moon Baja guidebooks are onboard, see under Estero Percebú:

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 09:46 AM

Thanks for the clever picture, DK!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.