BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tail Hunters La Paz for fishing?
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2014 at 07:36 AM
Tail Hunters La Paz for fishing?

OK I'll admit I'm not too up on a lot of things but how come I've never seen anything here on Tail Hunters fishing in La Paz.
They do a lot of conventions in the states.
Not trying to step on toes, just curious.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2014 at 07:49 AM

Jonathan Roldan is well respected as a guide, business man (Tailhunter Restaurant) and citizen of the fishing community. He works the conventions really hard and brings a lot of people to La Paz every year. This crowd, for the most part, are probably not where he finds his major amount of customers. He used to post a few reports, but he probably went where he found the most clients. If you do a search, I have written positive things about his operation before.

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 8-1-2014 at 08:39 AM

First time I saw a Tecate cylinder was at his restaurant Tailhunter on the malecon..

I hear the whales song
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 09:30 AM

I have fished with Jonathan and Jill for the last 7 or years. First class people and operation. They have posted here occasionally in the past. Are they the cheapest? No. Will I use them again and again? Yes! I have taken my kids, my brother, and asstd cousins, have always been treated well and have had some great fishing.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 09:39 AM

Here's a few shots of different trips

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
I have fished with Jonathan and Jill for the last 7 or years. First class people and operation. They have posted here occasionally in the past. Are they the cheapest? No. Will I use them again and again? Yes! I have taken my kids, my brother, and asstd cousins, have always been treated well and have had some great fishing.

My impressions also. Great Guy and his wife Jill is super.
The thing I like about his operation if he says been in the hotel lobby at 6, you better be there because they are READY to take you fishing.
Very prompt and none of this laid back atmosphere and waiting around to get to the panga
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 05:06 PM

Maybe not the cheapest choice for fishing in La Paz, but Hawaii native Jonathon and his wife run a great restaurant that has great views of the malecon and the bay and they also have Negro Modelo on draught. What's not to like. Catch your fish with him and have their chefs cook it up, while you are sucking down a pitcher of Negro Modelo.
Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 09:43 PM

I have not fished with them but visit their restaurant regularly on our visits to La Paz. Great couple, always friendly and welcoming. I take advantage of their fresh sashimi and their fish tacos are very good.

Make it a Great Day!!
torch
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 07:06 AM

I have fished with tailhunter many times and have had them arrange everything for the trip except airfare. There was a problem with a transportation van once and Jonathan was on top of it pronto. we have stayed at various hotels and were treated awesome. we loved Los arcos for the access to walk everywhere and the history of the place. I'm not sure if it is opened again or if it ever will be.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.