Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Motorcycle trip
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 06:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
Motorcycles and one quad. These guys run the local repair shop and have been bashing around in the hills between Mulege and Purisma for quite a while.

Probably it will be fairly exhausting and I will, as all too often, over do it.

Don't get the idea that I haven't had a long history of gross stupidity on bikes. I won my first short track race in 65 and my last Speedway bike win was six years ago on my 65th. birthday. Rode the Isle of Man twice. Terrifying!

In other words, no brains.

oh no, you are one of the smart ones, you kept riding! after a 20 year hiatus I just bought a WR-F thinking I could ride around the hills here in rosarito. It ain't going so good!:(
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 07:34 PM

Aha! That's what you get for buying such a monster.

I'm riding a pretty much stock 94 Suzuki DR-350. Maybe 30 h.p. when I'm bragging. Stone reliable with 24K Baja miles on it No frightening surges of oomph. Just keeps grinding away.

I haven't set the valves in ten years. Some day I must change that spark plug. Really.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
Aha! That's what you get for buying such a monster.

I'm riding a pretty much stock 94 Suzuki DR-350. Maybe 30 h.p. when I'm bragging. Stone reliable with 24K Baja miles on it No frightening surges of oomph. Just keeps grinding away.

I haven't set the valves in ten years. Some day I must change that spark plug. Really.

yeah, instead of all the performance mods I should have been thinking "governor"! :rolleyes:
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 07:52 PM

In my case above a certain speed the wind blowing up my nose causes me to smell liniment and bandages and then the muscles in my right forearm tighten making my wrist rotate away from me thus backing off on the gas.

Works for me!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-26-2015 at 10:52 PM

I want to thank Ed that was so kind to help reopen the Jungle trail.It is abandoned road for the last 50years.I found it 25years ago.Only thing that kept it open was the Cows.Two weeks before Ed came out to help.Me and another rider,did our best to ride it.I had not been on the trail for 15 years,because of the overgrowth.After me and other rider fell down,and got trapped in the brush.Going down hill,We decided.Lets get the Hell out of here.Well to get out up hill we fell down and got stuck only 10 more times.(I didn't tell Ed that) Last Sunday,Me ,Alma,two Mexican riders.Rode it again,We made it in only 3 hours.Will post pictures soon as I can figure out how to.Next time you come out Ed,all riding no more work.BTR
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 1-27-2015 at 07:06 AM

Good to see you on here Larry. I am still amazed that Alma(all of maybe 100 pounds) can ride trails like that. Was the gate at the hwy still locked? lol
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2015 at 06:08 PM

Dont tell people that Im looking at locked gate,and dont know what to do.When there was no fence on side of gate! Alma cleaned the trail,never fell or needed help.The two Mexican boys fell off 5/6 times.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 09:41 PM

Few pictures Jungle trail:)

CIMG3790.JPG - 140kB
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 09:43 PM

CIMG3789.JPG - 160kB
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2015 at 09:45 PM

CIMG3784.JPG - 160kB
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 08:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
That is the 2003 Baja California Almanac... more detail, bigger scale than the 2009 one.

Here are the two, side by side, 2003 L and 2009 R:

Is the 2009 issue the latest one available? I see it on Amazon for $65. used.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 08:52 AM

Yes, it is the last one made by Landon... They are for sale cheaper at http://BajaBooksAndMaps.com by mail or perhaps also at the Discover Baja Travel Club store in San Diego.

Amazon and the above two Baja book sources also have this gem: :light::biggrin:

Don't leave home without it! :cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 12:19 PM

Nice plug for your book DK. Great pictures Larry. Looks kind of foggy. That would be fun.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 01:09 PM

Yes little foggy. The Baja Almanac I have been using is older then 1986. When it shows small doted trails.Good luck going on that with your motorcycle unless you work it.I have found the map to be dead on.Only problem many of the trails,abondon roads I ride.Are before this Almanac ever came out. Here is one in Forest.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 01:11 PM

Some one here long time ago,even fire place

CIMG3673.JPG - 124kB
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 01:13 PM

On rancho in forest

CIMG3685.JPG - 188kB
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 01:25 PM

Still in forest:)

CIMG3686.JPG - 182kB
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 05:21 PM

I see alot of water on the rocks. Did someone fall in or just take a different line? Riding single track thru the forest is something I don't get to do often enough.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Yes little foggy. The Baja Almanac I have been using is older then 1986. When it shows small doted trails.Good luck going on that with your motorcycle unless you work it.I have found the map to be dead on.Only problem many of the trails,abondon roads I ride.Are before this Almanac ever came out. Here is one in Forest.

I would really appreciate it if you could look at the name and copyright date of this map book from before 1986!

Thank you!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 08:53 PM

David it longer has the cover on it,as we have used it many times.I did see (So must be 1986)copyright 1986. You asked Ed did someone fall in water.It was me,all riders walked the bikes over rocks,but not bone head me.It wont let me post that picture.I will try to resend,if it wont come up I will email it to you maybe you can post. I have many forest trails waiting for you Ed.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.