Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Rancho Costa Verde?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 08:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Why would anyone want a vacation home in san Felipe?
I have never understood what people see in san Felipe?
Can someone explain the appeal of san Felipe?

The place is about 40 miles fromSan Felipe, closer to Puertecitos near Punta San Fermin.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 08:42 AM

Tioloco,If purchasing Mexican real estate is so safe, whats this post and many others about? Yes ,one could buy a lemon of a motorhome as well, but some of us have heard too many stories about false security, shady paperwork, and laws that were never disclosed. Folks purchasing may feel better getting an attorney .All in all for me, I'd probably feel better driving my shelter back home. Lawyer or mechanic...? I like choices.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 08:53 AM

Hombre66-
I didn't say it is safe. It is a risk that each person has to calculate. I enjoy my house in Mexico more than I enjoyed my RV before it.
I am just comparing the 2.
Neither are "investments".
The RV is guaranteed to rapidly depreciate.
The Mexican house has a chance at either appreciation or loss.
Everyone makes their own choice
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 09:17 AM

Tio..you are correct on all points. I am at a point in my life where camping is more desirable than worrying about security of a dwelling/property, when not occupied. Folks prefs and tastes are varied. Uhh, the depreciated motorhome I would end up with probably isn't that safe .
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 09:28 AM

Hombre66-
Camping is always fun!
Hard to beat waking up on a new beach every morning.
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 12:11 PM
San Felipe

Close to the US border, good road, and reasonable level of services. I viewed it as an good alternative to Arizona or California to spend time in the winter. Wife did not want to have a longer drive south of the border.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 12:18 PM

I'm going to attend a Diamante (San Felipe development) presentation this week. I'll report back. Curious about their spin. Property location is not as far south as Rancho Costa Verde.
4Cata
Nomad

Mood: Siempre alegre!

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 03:01 PM

I'll be interested in hearing about Diamante, though I decided on a Class C rv cause I can 't limit myself to one area. I passed on RCV after my realtor let me know it's illegal status. Whew! I feel like I dodged a big one there plus the rocky beach was not appealing. Nor did I feel the wiring/plumbing would last.

Agaveros, silk in a bottle, a beautiful bottle!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2015 at 04:11 PM

You know, I gave the place two trys, but at the end of the day, if I travel down to around that latitude, I'd much rather spend my time in Ensenada and environs. Hate to say it, but San Felipe, while having a fun environment in the evening along the malecon, is basically a dusty, noisy craphole.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2015 at 08:57 PM

So I went to the Diamante presentation featuring their new San Felipe property. The presentation was low key and no sensationalized hype. It is located about 8 mi. south of the marina - take a left at the airport - 10 min. from town. There are 133 lots, starting at $59K. They are approx. 33'x90' up to 45'x90'. The map loooks like they're 90' deep, but it wartrdescribed as 90' across looking over the Sea of Cortez.
Underground electricity is in, as well as plumbing (not sure where it goes, but apparently not septic tanks). Water is from community system hookup.
They're beach is very pretty - sandy, on the bay. They have owned the property for several years, but just resumed selling lots since real estate was so unfavorable since 2008. Only one house has been built so far - they put asphalt streets in to service homes as built-out progresses.
Lots are 39% down, with payments over 5 years if you want. Homes are 3 sizes (1100 to 1500 sf), 40% down (paid in three installments - the last pmt. when the home is complete),and the balance can be paid over several years, but I don't recall how many.
Diamante also built Villas San Francisco, also in San Felipe - it is 100% sold, and 100% built - took 3 years to sell all the lots I am told.
After 65% of the lots are sold, they will build a clubhouse with tennis court, snack bar, pool, restaurant.
Once there are several homes built and the need for homeowner governance is required, the homeowners will organize themselves with an HOA - totally up to them as to what services they want to pay for, and how they want to divvy up per-share, set regulations, etc.
They did stress as very important, the fact that they have all permits for their development, and had a slide depiction of this approval. Taxes are $30 USD per year. First row on the beach has extra annual coastline/tidelands fee (can't recall exactly - something like that), about $140.
My impression is that they are honest and my bullsh__ alarm did not go off. Nice people. They have weekly trips to the property from San Diego.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-23-2015 at 10:00 PM

A 33' lot is so small you will hear your neighbor's every burp
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 07:03 AM

"A 33' lot is so small you will hear your neighbor's every burp"
I agree - and if they all get built, would be too dense and dissipate the reason you purchased. The HOA issue would also be a concern to me, since that relies on people the homeowners vote in - people who may have no knowledge of management or law and who must want to be dedicated to the well-being of the development - almost a full-time job. Might be many years away from that eventuality, but I would not want to be involved in an HOA. I went for general information - personally, I like the "wheel estate" idea. Now if they were selling large lots for RVs with hook-ups, garages built, with on-site management , rental program, and very cute amenities and gear rental ....
And they mentioned that Carlos Slim has partnered with a Spanish development and they're planning a mega-devlopment south of there - golf course, condos, hotels, blah, blah. Not sure where - I lose track of the rumors.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2015 at 08:07 AM

A golf course and marina are planned for the south end of Shell Island, the salt flat, and north half of Bahia Santa Maria too...

Maybe when my grandkids are working on Mars??? LOL

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JennyG

[*] posted on 2-13-2020 at 09:12 AM

The last post on here was over 4 years ago, does anyone know anything more if it has been resolved, or should I contact an attorney for that area and post on here my findings. The presentation I must say was very convincing to buy there. I wish there was a way on here to contact posters individually here.

I decided to look at other properties on S.F. on my own, and the El Dorado Ranch complex seemed to be finished and they had resales of homes there which seemed to be complete with no problem with water/electric and clubhouse amenities.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2020 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JennyG  
The last post on here was over 4 years ago, does anyone know anything more if it has been resolved, or should I contact an attorney for that area and post on here my findings. The presentation I must say was very convincing to buy there. I wish there was a way on here to contact posters individually here.

I decided to look at other properties on S.F. on my own, and the El Dorado Ranch complex seemed to be finished and they had resales of homes there which seemed to be complete with no problem with water/electric and clubhouse amenities.

You can contact all Baja Nomads individually. The private message system is called U2U. Click the U2U button next to any post. Your inbox when they reply to you is in the top right corner of the page and there will be an alert message when you have any u2u's there.

With over 50 miles of coastline and dozens of private home campos, why are you stuck looking at just one on each side of San Felipe? I suggest you also join or look at the Facebook South Campos Amigos page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/203575838326/

Best of luck... There are always homes for sale and lots available.

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 2-13-2020 at 12:06 PM

The appeal might be that you will probably not be around.:light::light::light:
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 2-14-2020 at 12:55 AM

“Why would anyone want a vacation home in San Felipe?”

If you can afford to live on the beach in Malibu next to Babs Streisand perhaps not! That said Malibu is cold and foggy in winter. San Felipe is warmer, way cheaper and you don’t have to live near Ms. Streisand! I’m not sure which is the bigger plus!
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2020 at 09:27 AM

There was an inquiry not too long ago - posted by someone who first asked about RCV in general and then reported that they bought. Some of the online photos and information that I found at that time showed some of the residents getting together for BBQs, reported that they love it, showed some of the amenities, etc. I think it depends entirely on your expectations, frame of reference (are you from Wisconsin?), personal desires. As you know, RCV is at least an hour from town, and the small store in Delicias will not serve all your needs. You are correct, that El Dorado has completed homes for sale, it's closer to town, accessible to all the beaches north and south of San Felipe, fishing boats for rent - everything that the RCV people tout as selling points - but really, you're an hour each way away from all that. IMO, there are other choices that are less risky. I had a second home once - it was 12 hours away; in spite of that, I went almost every weekend, then once a month, then about every 3 months, then just a check-up in winter, and a couple weeks in summer, then a year would go by …. The blush was off the bloom, and I would suspect that when the time comes for the same scenario for a property at RCV, it would be very difficult to sell, given all the other properties for sale in San Felipe. Don't believe that it will be the next Cabo San Lucas and your investment will be worth so much more - totally unproven. They tell you it's a legacy for your children - if they're small now, you have no idea if they would want it, or want to bother with an off-the-grid property that you have to drive to. Consider the hands-on maintenance - do you have the skills? I would find a trailer home in a private cove more appealing - go to Coloradito and ask around. There are plenty of lots for sale on the beach all along Hwy. 5 - bring down your own trailer, build a palapa, invite your friends - for a fraction of the cost. Don't they have some casitas for rent there? Do that instead.

[Edited on 2-14-2020 by wilderone]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.