Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege Yellowtail Tourney Update and Rules
fishhead
Nomad

Mood: upbeat

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 07:33 AM
Mulege Yellowtail Tourney Update and Rules

I know you're all hooked on entering this tourney hosted by The Jungla in Mulege and tomorrow is the day anglers can enter by seeing Raymundo at the bar...a few rules: 600 pesos to enter, (includes dinner) Must have current fishing license, must register "before" fishing. 1st place 70%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place, a surprise... The Jungla is closed on Sunday and there will be no one to weigh fish on that day so Mon.- Sat are fish days only. In the unlikely event of a tie for biggest Yellowtail, earliest caught will take top spot. There will be a banquet and minor awards ceremony, date TBD after the tourney,, please retain dinner ticket upon registering. Also donate a few (any type) fish towards the dinner. If there is some interest, a fishermans' flea market will also take place for a couple hours in the afternoon before the dinner, any questions/answers? u2u me
fishhead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 07:35 AM
tourney entry changed to Monday DUH!!!!

please see Raymundo after 1:00 on Monday
fishhead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 07:06 AM
Tourney sign up today....

Quote: Originally posted by fishhead  
please see Raymundo after 1:00 on Monday
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 12:21 AM

Lets hear some more details of the tournament. I'm in for sure but would appreciate the "when, where, how, and why" info.
fishhead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 05:36 AM
Tourney News

I know you're all hooked on entering this tourney hosted by The Jungla in Mulege and tomorrow is the day anglers can enter by seeing Raymundo at the bar...a few rules: 600 pesos to enter, (includes dinner) Must have current fishing license, must register "before" fishing. 1st place 70%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place, a surprise... The Jungla is closed on Sunday and there will be no one to weigh fish on that day so Mon.- Sat are fish days only. In the unlikely event of a tie for biggest Yellowtail, earliest caught will take top spot. There will be a banquet and minor awards ceremony, date TBD after the tourney,, please retain dinner ticket upon registering. Also donate a few (any type) fish towards the dinner. If there is some interest, a fishermans' flea market will also take place for a couple hours in the afternoon before the dinner, any questions/answers? u2u me
******** Tourney is underway, can enter anytime during the 2 month Yellowtail frenzy at the Jungla in Mulege. So far almost a dozen anglers have signed and several fish have been caught. Tourney board posted at the bar. Come on and join in our own March/May "Madness" u2u me for any info, gracias, tight lines and good fishin!
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 01:53 PM

can professionals sign up also?:spingrin:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 04:35 PM

Sorry, I already left, and I don't know any other pro's....

fishhead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2015 at 10:24 AM
tourney update++++++++++++

We have a total of 11 anglers signed up thus far with plenty of room for others who think they can surpass the 26 lbder that leads the board so far. Sign up sheet at the Jungle before you fish. Enter anytime between March 27th -May 15th...award$ for 1st 3 spots, dinner included....

[Edited on 3-28-2015 by fishhead]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-27-2015 at 02:05 PM

SO? No Dorado tournament either?

fishhead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2015 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
SO? No Dorado tournament either?
unless someone steps up, looks like no dodo tourney, sad but true...
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-28-2015 at 11:16 AM

Any news about the usual Pinto Derby?

Never mind, I just found out that it is being held at Bertha's Café on Burros Beach.

[Edited on 3-28-2015 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.