BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Toyota TRD PRO ... designed by Baja racing! Tundra, 4Runner, Tacoma
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-20-2015 at 05:09 PM
Toyota TRD PRO ... designed by Baja racing! Tundra, 4Runner, Tacoma

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 3-20-2015 at 05:50 PM

Your love of Toyota is amazing. They are a tool for getting somewhere that is all.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-20-2015 at 06:57 PM

Thanks for posting that DK, cool video. I'm expecting my 4Runner TRD Pro to be in around the end of April.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2015 at 07:08 PM

I love quality and off road-ability... it was fellow Baja Nomads (Amigos de Baja then) who turned me onto Toyota, (I was going for a Ford Ranger) so I am not the first. You learn to appreciate having a vehicle that doesn't have constant failures and defects, when you buy a Japanese make, after owning American brands, and get into the attitude that poor quality is normal. No more for me!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-20-2015 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Ya know, I like a nice stock 4WD. I don't like having to modify a vehicle. The vehicle is just meant to take me a bit off pavement, get me away from the boneheads that constitute society.
That video was ridiculous! It is all about touting a vehicle to go fast on unpaved roads! By the time I reach the unpaved road I really am not in a mood for driving like a bat out of hell,... Nothing in that video showed a situation requiring 4wd, was just a bunch if boneheads flying fast on well maintained unpaved roads that looked drivable in my 1974 Dodge Dart
Anywho, they look like nice vehicles, but the regular flavor non Trd 4wd looks fine for getting off pavement at a sane speed!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 07:02 AM

10-4 Its an ego machine....DK is fond of touting the reliability of Toyoters but they continue to have massive recalls....And the money from their sales goes back to Japan.....Just another truck, and not very highly thought of as compared to the current crop....

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 07:06 AM

I didn't listen to the video as I don't have sound right now, but that video looks pretty sweet!

I'm a full on Toyota nut as well. But, I'd rather buy a stock Toyota and modify it myself to my own needs. I think the factory added options will amount to a way overpriced vehicle.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 09:43 AM

To many people a car or truck is a symbol of who and what they are. To others it is a means of transportation only as MMc says. Everyone has an opinion usually based on their experience. Some have an opinion based on ignorance and a few on stupidly.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 10:05 AM

I think everyone will agree they're nice cars, but to be FANATICAL about a production grocery getter........maybe a little...pathetic? :?:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 10:19 AM

LOL... grocery getter, that's funny! I just following in the footsteps of Neal Johns... he made his wife sell her Jeep and get a Toyota... my wife did too... Both ladies had CJ-5s... now both have Toyotas. Women are smart!

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
I think everyone will agree they're nice cars, but to be FANATICAL about a production grocery getter........maybe a little...pathetic? :?:

I know what you mean Willard, kinda like the way that the DK fan club turns every post DK participates in a "kick DK in the nuts" fest .......maybe a little....pathetic..

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 10:45 AM

I was not intending to kick DK, His love of Toyota is surreal to me. I have owned many vehicles both US and abroad manufactures. I have had good ones and bad from many manufactures, but in the end they are just a vehicles. I think Toyota is copying Ford in a marking tool."Lets spend ?k on parts and mark it up a extra ???k."
DK can love and hate all he wants on whatever, when you post as much as he does here, it comes the posting.

[Edited on 3-21-2015 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 12:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
I was not intending to kick DK, His love of Toyota is surreal to me. I have owned many vehicles both US and abroad manufactures. I have had good ones and bad from many manufactures, but in the end they are just a vehicles. I think Toyota is copying Ford in a marking tool."Lets spend ?k on parts and mark it up a extra ???k."
DK can love and hate all he wants on whatever, when you post as much as he does here, it comes the posting.

[Edited on 3-21-2015 by MMc]

It is just a matter of reporting good things to my friends here. I was turned onto the Tacoma by Neal Johns and many other Baja Amigos before I got one... I am enforcing their findings and hope others will also appreciate the quality and reliability that Toyotas, Subarus, and other Japanese brand vehicles have provided us.

Now, it is true that I have never needed a full size truck, so those who love their Dodge and Ford trucks here are fine with me... but a lot of Tundra owning Nomads seem pretty happy!

I love Jeeps... I just learned I can't own one anymore since I cannot afford a buy a daily driver for work while the Jeep is in the shop or broken at home.

The other American brand I bought was a Plymouth, and after three transmission rebuilds, enough was enough... My Subarus were all great, my Mitsubishi truck was great, and my Mazda van was great... even had a Hyundai (Korean, but with a Mitsubishi motor I was told) that was great.

Since I have only driven Tacomas the past 15 years, I talk about them. I am also sure you guys will have a great laugh if and when something breaks on my truck! That's fine, it's not perfect... but in my 41 years of driving, there has been nothing close to the Tacoma that can go the places it goes with ease, with comfort, and without breaking! Oh what a feeling!

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 04:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mPe1Lp0PU

I hope my new vw is as good as your toy? Toyota makes a damn fine baja product.

[Edited on 3-21-2015 by chippy]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.