Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Good bilingual school in Ensenada
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2015 at 12:30 PM

Please consider living in Playas. There are many advantages compared to Ensenada. Most people drive right by because they want to be deeper in Baja. Its safe, its close, its a family beach town. I call it the city of schools and restaurants. My apartment has a wonderful view and private secure parking, utilities are included and cost $350/month.

Renting in Playas, while going to school, and exploring farther south in Baja on weekends and holidays would be a great way to start.

PS come to visit sometime.
AndreB

[*] posted on 5-27-2015 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hi Andre,

Don't be too hard on 'ol Dennis, he means well. I also get mis-understood here, as typing words don't always come across to others in the way we mean them to be heard.

I suggest you read posts or the blog by Frank O... who changed his handle to Soulpatch. He retired from the fire department here and took his young family (incl. twin girls) to Nayarit, Mexico where they live and go to school.

Not sure how much time you have spent in Ensenada already, but anywhere you go to live needs to be checked out or it could be a disaster for you, the wife, or the kids. Rent first, or use a motorhome and stay at an RV Park and see what the area, people, and facilities are like.

No place in Baja is like any city in the U.S. (and that can be either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you want).

While I do not live in Baja, because I am not done exploring, to stay in one place building the 'project house', I have traveled there most of my life, well 50 of my 57 years anyway. The magic of Baja is that you can never get enough (if you are into the things I am, such as history, off roading, camping, geology, beaches, etc.).

If you are going there simply as a cheap place to live, and the city is you only interest, I fear you will be disappointed? I hope it all goes the way you wish, and we can follow your transition progress here on Nomad!

Thanks David,

Dennis? I don't know why he attacked me knowing nothing about me, but it is already forgotten.
First reason we picked Baja is... Baja itself. I met my wife at San Felipe and we fall in love with Baja and with each other. It was difficult because we had different partners at that time... :-).
We have visited Baja several times before and it was always in our dreams to be able to spent some times there.
No, we are not going to buy anything at least for now.
I will retire in July and we have enough Chicago. We look for a place to live , we would prefer close to a school or near the ocean. We have been in Ensenada several times and we obviously like downtown and fish market. We are seasoned travelers, so we shouldn't commit any stupidity .
Actually,we are in love with Africa even more, particularly eastern and southern but because of our daughter, we can not go there now. Btw: Our older son is helping organize health care in Zambia at this moment...

Thanks again for the encouragement... :-)
arthurhunt

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 07:03 AM

Im sure you can find a school where she can fit.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 11:11 AM

Associating yourself with a scholarship fund in the region will lead to friendship opportunities with parents/kids her age also. Seen it before.

R.I.P. Dennis, Dilly, dilly:biggrin:

Es Todo Bueno
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 06:26 PM
AndreB

Check your u2u inbox
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.