Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato Dorado Tourney Announcements
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2015 at 06:01 AM
Punta Chivato Dorado Tourney Announcements

[Edited on 6-1-2015 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2015 at 06:57 PM

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2015 at 04:56 PM

Hi Anglers and FOA, (Friends of Anglers!),
Here is your entry form for the 2015 bulls only dorado tournament. Read it and SIGN UP! WE WANT YOU!!! FUN is our middle name!
The Dorado Tournament Committee

Sorry I don't know hoe to post a pdf file so a photo is the best I can do.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2015 at 07:56 PM

On line fishing license
http://www.bajasursportfishing.com/

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-2-2015 at 12:21 PM

So, as I read this, it's 100.00 per angler and that includes the Friday burgers and the Sunday awards banquet meal and a T-shirt. The Saturday meal is optional at 20.00.

Russ, or others, I have a line on renting a house out there for the tournament. I may be joined by some other small boaters for the crossing. But the one issue we have is getting someone to run into a Pemex in town and getting our jerry cans filled. We paid an employee of the hotel to do this, two years ago. Will anyone be around that could do this for us on Thursday or Friday before the tournament? I think we would need this only once.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2015 at 07:05 PM

Hi Anglers and TWDNHL (those who do not have licenses!)
Make your lives easy for the 2015 Dorado tournament in Punta Chivato and get your fishing licenses on line at:
http://www.bajasursportfishing.com/
BE READY FOR ALL THE ACTION! Don't waste your time in a line!
Getting your license through this site guarantees that the money raised goes to BAJA SUR!

THE DORADO TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2015 at 06:14 AM

Hook, I just talked to the gas station at the marina and he tells me they have plenty of Diesel and Gas. So that part is easy.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2015 at 05:57 PM

I see references to the Rules and Regulations for the tournament, but I dont believe they are posted here, nor have I received them via email. Or, maybe I dumped them, accidentally.

Could someone please posts the Rules and Regs?

Jim, thanks for checking on the SR marina sitch, as far as fuel goes. I am thinking I might not need it, unless the fish are far out there. Even then, I can hire fuel to be brought to me.

Going to SR on the way there or returning to SC, probably adds 2.5 hours to my day. I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

Hey, one guy who owns a 65 foot boat over here says that OCCASIONALLY the Capitan de Puerto of SR is asking for some kind of Permiso de Navigacion from boats that come from the mainland and enter a port in Baja. Before you think it is a gringo shakedown, he is a very well connected Mexican over here who owns hotels, grocery stores, etc. He also puts on his own tournament.

I have never heard of that permit. Que pasa? It is NOT a TIP; I asked him that, specifically. Sounds like the old "check in" routine from 10 years ago. It makes me reluctant to consider going to SR by boat.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 05:50 AM

How much fuel do you need? I'll ask on the radio.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 06:50 AM

I think Pam has gotten me a guy who is willing to run into SR/Mulege with my fuel cans.

Russ, do you know where Casa Abuela, #5, is? That is where we would be staying if we come over. How far of a walk is it from the launch ramp area? We have a fair amount of gear to offload from the boat, including an ice chest.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 07:02 AM

It's about a minute, if you have a limp.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 07:17 AM

Hook, Abuela is only about 5 houses my way of the ramp. Pam & Harry go by "Taco" on shore and "Taco Wagon" on the boat. If they are unable or there aren't any helpers to get your stuff over to the house give me a shout "Bonehead" and I'll bring Bubba over to help.
Safe crossing! I know you'll love Abuela and I think you can anchor right in front.
Oh, leave those nasty storms over on your side. They've been popping up over there in the late afternoon and sneaking across at night.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 08:40 AM

Thanks for the info, Russ and BBR.

You will be on 73, Russ? I will give you a shout. Sounds like Pam and Co. will be busy with tourney organization. Makes sense. I guess we could "limp' the stuff over there, but would prefer not to. I estimate our arrival time to be in the 1-3pm range, unless the fishing is so good on the way over that we stay out longer. That would require tuna, which probably isnt likely.

We will have cold Pacificos and my companion, Don Julio, can assist you, if needed.

I have a potential complication. My water pressure system went kaput last night. Working on getting the wife, animals and plants some pressurized water while I am gone.

Sprinkling a little this AM. The big storms missed us last night, again. No significant rain since Feb/March.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 10:43 AM

Caught yesterday - 42 lbs.

Hook, I'll be on 73

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-25-2015 at 11:23 AM

Wow.

I will plan to make the 20th tournament next year!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2015 at 05:50 AM

2015 BULLS ONLY DORADO TOURNAMENT FINAL NOTES

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO HOSTING ALL OF OUR ANGLERS AND FRIENDS FOR THE 19TH YEAR OF THIS ANNUAL TRADITION. THE BIG BULLS ARE OUT THERE WAITING TO SEE WHO CAN FIND AND CATCH THE WINNER! OF COURSE SECOND AND THIRD AREN'T SO BAD EITHER!
5:00 P.M. FRIDAY, JUNE 26TH, THE DOORS OF THE COMMUNITY CENTER WILL OPEN FOR REGISTRATION AND ALL THE ACTIVITIES REGARDING THE TOURNAMENT! COME PARTY WITH US! REMEMBER TO BRING EXTRA $$$ FOR THOSE RAFFLE TICKETS AND THE CALCUTTA!
SAT. THE FISHING STARTS WITH "LET'S GO FISHING" AT 8:00 A.M. WITH A SHOTGUN (OR SOME OTHER LOUD NOISE) AND ALL THE BOATS HEAD OUT TO OPEN WATER! WE HOPE TO KEEP THE WEIGHMASTER BUSY! COLD DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE RAMP, AS WELL AS ICE FOR YOUR BOAT.

Wind forecast for tomorrow is good.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 06:50 AM

Lift off in less than an hour. Hook made the ride over and is at the rental Abuela. I missed the Captains meeting/dinner so didn't get a chance to talk to him. The conditions are perfect for a great start.79º 0 wind. Some reports of dorado yesterday. This year there is a valet service launching and picking up boats as the return. How cool is that!? No confusion on the ramp.
And a third hand report that the local pesca caught a seiner / longliner and hauled him to La Paz for legal attention.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2015 at 07:39 AM

Total of 13 boats entered this year. Ron Folgner went out early and caught the biggest fish in the area, so we only had little fish left for the tournament. Alejandro Bukovecs on the boat Alex took out Diorios and and friend and one first place and third place. He is a fishing fool.

First Place, Boat (Alex) Angler Mike Diorio, 24.00 lbs
2nd Place, Boat (El Charro) Angler Rick Rhodes 13.93 lbs
3rd Place Boat (Alex) Angler David Kaminsky 12.85lbs.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.