Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: East Cape fishing report
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 05:24 AM
East Cape fishing report

I think yesterday was the day for the East Cape Dorado Shootout tournament here. I heard there were over 70 boats signed up for big prizes.

DTbushpilot said he was planning on entering. The wind blew like a hurricane for a good part of the day and I worry that boats or crews might have been at risk in a very angry sea.

Maybe Dave will honor us with a report about his day, his winnings, the rough seas.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 07:03 AM

Sorry to hear about the bad weather conditions.. I also had friends from LTO drive down to fish the tournament.. Sounds like the entry was down this year if only 70 teams were entered.. Better chance to win that new Toyota 4wd pick-up :light:

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 11:42 AM

Well, I guess Dave is busy cleaning his boat and equipment. I don't have a boat anymore so I went down to the beach and ran into the fish cop who told me a little about the tourney:

The wind, as far as he could tell, didn't cause any major damage to boats or people. The winner caught a 16 # dorado, 2nd place was 12 plus #s, a 30 # wahoo was caught and the biggest tuna was also 16 pounds.
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 11:55 AM

The winning dorado was 12.9 lbs..yes, that's right 12.9lbs..

Team Bite Me takes first place and a 2015 4x4 Toyota Tacoma with a 12.9lbs. dorado plus $24,000 in jackpot money. Team Borrachos & Amigos takes the $509 &$1,000 jackpots for $40,000. Team Eat Me Lures on board the Julkate takes the Suzuki 140hp Engine with a 37lb. Wahoo. Congrats to all the winners of the 2015 Dorado Shoot Out. A special thanks to all the participants and to all of out wonderful sponsors.

[Edited on 7-19-2015 by Bill Collector]
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 02:49 PM

We didn't win, the marlin and sail fish wouldn't leave us alone. We ran from them all day but couldn't get away from 1 sail and 2 marlin. It sucks losing 30 minutes per fish that you didn't want..

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
We didn't win, the marlin and sail fish wouldn't leave us alone. We ran from them all day but couldn't get away from 1 sail and 2 marlin. It sucks losing 30 minutes per fish that you didn't want..

So.....are we to chalk this up as a 'Bad day of fishing'?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Nope, no such thing that I'm aware of. We went out today and caught 3 "bubba class" roosters of 50+ pounds and a jack creval about 20lbs to help erase the memory of our performance in the Dorado Shootout. I'd post pictures but we took them out of the water and I'm sure we did it wrong so you'll just have to imagine what they looked like.:biggrin::(:biggrin:

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 04:24 PM

Nope, no such thing that I'm aware of. We went out today and caught 3 "bubba class" roosters of 50+ pounds and a jack creval about 20lbs to help erase the memory of our performance in the Dorado Shootout. I'd post pictures but we took them out of the water and I'm sure we did it wrong so you'll just have to imagine what they looked like.:biggrin::(:biggrin:

...Kinda like this??

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 07:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

...Kinda like this??

Sorta but they were alive last time I saw them. I think some of the fish slime rubbed off on Barry's shirt, he's probably crab food by now....the fish, not Barry. Barry probably feels like crab food after last night though :lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2015 by dtbushpilot]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.